Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

need to travel due to emergency and advance parole

need to travel due to emergency and advance parole

Old Mar 16th 2001, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

junebug is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied for Permanent residency under LULAC vs. INS in 1988. Ever since then, I have been unable to travel out of the USA. Now I have had a death in the family abroad, and must find a way to go AND come back, because my Mum who is a recent Permanent resident is sick here in USA and in hospital. So basically, I have an emergency abroad and in the USA.
Question is does anybody know if there is any relief as far as the new 10 year ban on re-entry for emergencies, if I were to apply for advance parole?

Please reply soon if you can. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 19th 2001, 6:40 pm
Sylvia Ottemoeller

junebug wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

No. If you are subject to the 10 year bar, INS will generally refuse to issue advance
parole to you. And even if INS issues it by mistake, when you leave the U.S., you
trigger the 10 year bar, and you cannot get back into the U.S.

Just forget about leaving the U.S. until your LULAC case has been resolved -- if you
still desire to become a U.S. permanent resident, and if you wish to be available to
help your Mum.