Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Need help about passport picture/supporting docs for replacement passport!

Need help about passport picture/supporting docs for replacement passport!

Old Jun 25th 2009, 6:05 am
Just Joined

alishea305 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Need help about passport picture/supporting docs for replacement passport!

Hi guys!

I lost my passport a couple of months back and I'm applying for a replacement,
I have a couple of questions. First, I'm slightly confused about the passport picture requirements, as I have read in some places that a white background is acceptable and others, that it must be light gray, can someone please shed some light on this for me as I am sending off for my passport tomorrow and I'm wondering if it is the best idea, as the pictures that I have are done on a completely white background.

Secondly, do I really need to send my mother/father's birth certificate along as a supporting document? I have already had a British passport so I'm not sure if this is necessary???? Surely only my birth certificate is needed right?

Thirdly, the passport pics were taken at Walgreens and they didn't have the correct cutter to trim the photos to size, so I carefully cut them my self (leaving about 1-2cm of white border around the edges for distinguishing purposes) do you think that this may be a problem???

Fourthly and finally...........(sorry guys) I read in one of the threads here that the picture must not contain any writing of the brand of photograph paper (such as Kodak etc) but mine has this, is this going to be a problem????

If anyone has sent off for a passport recently with seemingly minor "errors", did you receive the passport OK? Or was it rejected????

Please give me advice on these matters. I'm so worried that my application may be rejected and $211 is a lot of money to just throw away to the Embassy if this happens, especially as they don't even have the courtesy of having a FREE info service where you can actually talk to someone who works there.

Much appreciation in advance and look forward to your responses.......

Alishea
Old Jun 25th 2009, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

JulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really nice
Default Re: Need help about passport picture/supporting docs for replacement passport!

I can't advise on the birth certificate thing, but I can tell you that my passport pictures were taken at the post office, white background and that I know the backs of them had some sort of watermark (kodak I think). It obviously was not an issue as I got my passport back a could of weeks ago.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 12:44 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help about passport picture/supporting docs for replacement passport!

Have a search, quite a few of those questions have been answered a few times.

Photo will get cut to size at the embassy etc