Reload this Page >

nclex emam for nurses and agencies

nclex emam for nurses and agencies

Old Oct 24th 2003, 1:59 pm
Under Achiever

dudleydowg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default nclex emam for nurses and agencies

please bear with me people this is my first time

My wife is a US citizen from AZ and we are moving back in the near future she is a student nurse graduating in may could any of you please advise of the pitfalls of all the nursing agencies out there, cheers:scared:
Old Oct 24th 2003, 5:08 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know about agencies that deal with US nurses, but I'm with an agency that takes UK nurses over to the States. Things that have pissed me off the most include telling me for 2 years that yes, they will be able to get me a job in Connecticut so I can be with my partner, um....well we're having a little difficulty so maybe you should consider the NorthEast as a whole. Ok..so we have absolutely no jobs available in the whole of the North East of America so you'll have to go to Arizona instead. Grrrrr! Total lack of communication is another big problem. Watch out for long contracts that tie you in and will cost thousands to break. I know...it would cost me $15,000 to break mine. Oh well...at least I got a green card. I've heard from US nurses doing Per Diem work that they are often cancelled.

If your wife is US citizen she won't have any problem getting a job to fit her needs. They do everything: days, nights, full-time, part-time, weekends only, lates, earlys...whatever you want. It's only us suckers that want a green card that are at the mercy of employers.

By the way...where in AZ are you going? I'm going to Phoenix.
Old Oct 24th 2003, 6:29 pm
Under Achiever

dudleydowg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default thanks

thanks for your reply

we are going to Tucson, Wendi's family live near there and we have visited loads of times and we really like the area infact all of AZ I have never seen
anything I don't like about it
She has contacted quite a few agencies British and US and they all seem about the same, they want to keep pushing relocation packages onto us but we already have somewhere to live so all we need is for her to get a job
Old Oct 25th 2003, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

SueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond repute

I am having this problem with the agency I am with - they are ok but they keep telling me that I will need to work further afield than where my house is...truth is I have already ahd a job offer from a hospital which I did by myself and have another interview with them on the 10th november!!

When is your wife intending to take her NCLEX? If you need good web-sites for NCLEX PM me and I will let you know... although if you dont hear anything by tomorrow it will be 3 weeks time as I fly out on monday to florida to take my NCLEX on the 5th novmeber!!!!
Old Oct 25th 2003, 12:48 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Good luck Sue!!! Wow...that's close! You'll feel so relieved when it's all over, and take it from me...everybody thinks they've failed afterwards but it ain't necessarily so! Enjoy your trip and do your best.
Old Oct 25th 2003, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

SueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rockgurl - getting quite nervous now - but will be glad to get it over with!
Old Jan 17th 2005, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

SuziR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: nclex emam for nurses and agencies

Originally Posted by SueIP
I am having this problem with the agency I am with - they are ok but they keep telling me that I will need to work further afield than where my house is...truth is I have already ahd a job offer from a hospital which I did by myself and have another interview with them on the 10th november!!

When is your wife intending to take her NCLEX? If you need good web-sites for NCLEX PM me and I will let you know... although if you dont hear anything by tomorrow it will be 3 weeks time as I fly out on monday to florida to take my NCLEX on the 5th novmeber!!!!
Dear Sue
I am wanting to join my brother in Florida within the next couple of years so am now looking for study aids and advice about the nlex which I will be able to take in London if you have any tips for study aids or finding a job it would be appreciated.
SuziR
Old Jan 17th 2005, 7:37 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SuziR
Dear Sue
I am wanting to join my brother in Florida within the next couple of years so am now looking for study aids and advice about the nlex which I will be able to take in London if you have any tips for study aids or finding a job it would be appreciated.
SuziR
SuziR:

Have you looked at the British Expats forum dedicated to jobs in the Nursing profession?

See-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Threads there may answer your questions. If not, try posting in that forum instead.

NC Penguin
Old Jan 17th 2005, 8:08 pm
Bishop John MightBe

MightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Sue
SuziR
You will find Sue as this site now
http://www.xsorbit1.com/users/floridadays/index.cgi
Old Jan 17th 2005, 9:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

You'll find this thread's a couple years old too...
but there are plenty of nurses on the site that could help.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:32 pm
Rock Goddess

Dear Sue
SuziR
Suzi, I don't think you can take NCLEX outside of the USA yet. They were talking about it but I don't think it's come into being. I took mine in Georgia in 2002.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rockgurl
Suzi, I don't think you can take NCLEX outside of the USA yet. They were talking about it but I don't think it's come into being. I took mine in Georgia in 2002.
From this month you can take the nclex in London and I think a couple of other countries. Seoul South Korea and Hong Kong

Anna
Old Jan 18th 2005, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Sue
SuziR

I found this site useful in understanding, preparation etc of the nclex www.learningext.com

Anna