Reload this Page >

Naperville, IL - Help needed

Naperville, IL - Help needed

Old Jul 12th 2003, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

robsonj is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Naperville, IL - Help needed

Hi All,

My wife and myself have just moved to naperville from the UK. We love Naperville and its surrounding areas, and have just purchased a house.

Only one thing is missing now - English Soccer! Does anyone know of any local bars in the area which will be showing the English Premiership when the new season restarts?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance !

Jon
Old Jul 12th 2003, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

debs39 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hello

Hi

Me and my family have just returned to the UK after a house hunting trip to IL, we looked at Naperville, also St Charles and Geneva. Can you give us any advice as to how living in Naperville is. I have a young family aged 7, 4 AND 12 weeks, so schools are a priority. My husband has been offered a job in Chicago, so commuting is also important, any info you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Deb
Old Jul 12th 2003, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: hello

Originally posted by debs39
Hi

Me and my family have just returned to the UK after a house hunting trip to IL, we looked at Naperville, also St Charles and Geneva. Can you give us any advice as to how living in Naperville is. I have a young family aged 7, 4 AND 12 weeks, so schools are a priority. My husband has been offered a job in Chicago, so commuting is also important, any info you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Deb
Hi Deb,

As I mentioned we have just moved back to the US, have been here for 2 weeks so far (both of us have lived in the US before). We basically hooked up with a realtor and got a mortgage sorted out before arriving in the area. The realtor we used was very good, she works for 'Realty Executives' and her name is Becky Vanderveen email: [email protected] - tell her Jonathan recommended her. She basically showed us properties in the Naperville, Wheaton, Warrenville, Lisle, Aroura areas - which are the areas we were interested in. My wife & I dont have children, but I believe the 203 & 204 school districts are very good, we're in 204 - will be once we move into our house.

I work in downtown for a merchant bank, so I also have to commute into town. The trains are excellent - I can be door to office in about 50 minutes, a breeze after suffering the London pulic transport system! Monthly train passes run at between $100 (Lisle) - $133 (Naperville).

Any more info, feel free to email me directly.
Old Jul 17th 2003, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

chicagobrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Naperville, IL - Help needed

Originally posted by robsonj
Hi All,

My wife and myself have just moved to naperville from the UK. We love Naperville and its surrounding areas, and have just purchased a house.

Only one thing is missing now - English Soccer! Does anyone know of any local bars in the area which will be showing the English Premiership when the new season restarts?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance !

Jon
Old Jul 17th 2003, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

chicagobrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Lived in Chicago NW Suburbs (Hoffman Estates) for 2 years
bought a house and loved it. Then we had to move because
of economy meltdown to St Louis - now in Kansas City.

Footie ey ? - In Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg there's an Irish pub.
I watched Liverpool beat Arsenal there in the 2001 FA Cup Final.

Also try The Abbey ..
Serious surfing will get you to these location as I can't remember streets. Alas
The Mid West is really bad for Brit Pubs compared to Florida, and
CA, but next best thing stock up the fridge, get set up on
Cable (Fox Sports World) or Satellite, and you'll be O.K.
Old Jul 18th 2003, 12:24 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by chicagobrit
Lived in Chicago NW Suburbs (Hoffman Estates) for 2 years
bought a house and loved it. Then we had to move because
of economy meltdown to St Louis - now in Kansas City.

Footie ey ? - In Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg there's an Irish pub.
I watched Liverpool beat Arsenal there in the 2001 FA Cup Final.

Also try The Abbey ..
Serious surfing will get you to these location as I can't remember streets. Alas
The Mid West is really bad for Brit Pubs compared to Florida, and
CA, but next best thing stock up the fridge, get set up on
Cable (Fox Sports World) or Satellite, and you'll be O.K.
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. Does Fox Sports have a game on every saturday these days? If I remember they used to be time delayed.

Good job you watched Liverpool in 2001 they haven't won since have they . A Man.United supporter myself :-)

Cheers
Jonathan
Old Jul 18th 2003, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Liquid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FOOTBALL!! IT'S FOOTBALL... :-)

I know that DirecTv has an English Premiership package and if there is a game on they show it live I think (there is at least 1 a week). You pay the subscription in addition to the monthly fee. Fox Sports only shows games sometimes and even then they are not normally live. I am currently looking to change from cable to Satellite for this very reason