Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

N400 interview date!

N400 interview date!

Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 interview date!

Originally Posted by unicorndreams
My Hubby tested me last night.
And i had more right than wrong.
So if i keep studying it for the next 2 months , fingers crossed it will all stay in my head.
I get abit confused with a few.So hope they ask enough as was said further back ,so that we get 10 right.
Dont know if they let you take Oath and get Certificate there and then. Any one else know answer to that.?
My letter said it will take up to 2 hours.
Took our citizenship in Orlando on the 8th Feb.They told us 2 hours but my hubby went in first he came our after 10 minutes and said that we were going back to the office at 3 p.m. for the citizenship ceremony, the same lady called me in and said "your husband said you would come back for the swearing in today do you want to do that also?" She then checked the application papers through to see if anything had changed since the date we applied. Then had to swear on oath everything was true.Had to write the sentence "I go to work everyday". Then she printed 5 questions from her computer and asked me four which I got right, she said see you this afternoon. Took less than 10 minutes. I did say to her not to ask me the 13 original states as I could only ever remember 12 she said "oh we don't ask that now".
I think if all your paper work and checks are o.k. that the interview is only a formality, doesn't stop you being nervous. It was a great feeling to get are interview and swearing in on the same day. Now we are just waiting for our passport to arrive.After the ceremony the immigration officer said now they can't throw you out.
Good Luck it won't be as bad as you think.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

unicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: N400 interview date!

Originally Posted by Sentosa
Took our citizenship in Orlando on the 8th Feb.They told us 2 hours but my hubby went in first he came our after 10 minutes and said that we were going back to the office at 3 p.m. for the citizenship ceremony, the same lady called me in and said "your husband said you would come back for the swearing in today do you want to do that also?" She then checked the application papers through to see if anything had changed since the date we applied. Then had to swear on oath everything was true.Had to write the sentence "I go to work everyday". Then she printed 5 questions from her computer and asked me four which I got right, she said see you this afternoon. Took less than 10 minutes. I did say to her not to ask me the 13 original states as I could only ever remember 12 she said "oh we don't ask that now".
I think if all your paper work and checks are o.k. that the interview is only a formality, doesn't stop you being nervous. It was a great feeling to get are interview and swearing in on the same day. Now we are just waiting for our passport to arrive.After the ceremony the immigration officer said now they can't throw you out.
Good Luck it won't be as bad as you think.
You already applied for your Passport?
Did you get a certificate. And did they charge you more for ceremony etc.?
Were there loads of you ?
Old Mar 11th 2006, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unicorndreams
You already applied for your Passport?
Did you get a certificate. And did they charge you more for ceremony etc.?
Were there loads of you ?
Yes we got a certificate they also told us to apply for a passport right away and we had to send the certificate off to get the passport, we took copies of it before sending it off. If you loose it it could take up to a year to get another. Also we had to go in person to the office rather than just apply by mail.
There was about 20 of us taking the oath, they don't charge you extra for the ceramony, and we could have been sworn in the following week at the convention center, but we didn't want to drive back to Orlando again.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 3:24 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

well it was today ..and I've got four words to describe it

Easy Peasey Lemon Squeezey

As my application was very straightforward the interview consisted of the interviewer going over my N400 application.....and then I was handed a sheet of paper with 10 questions from the 100 on their website...they were even MULTIPLE CHOICE!! I scored 10/10

Anyway had to hang around for my appointment sheet for my ceremony...Weds 29th of this month...can't believe how fast it's all gone by...I'm bringing the kids with me...it's not everyday you watch your mam become an American citizen besides...it means a day off school

If anybody out there is going through the Naturalization process, the best advice as far as the test is just study those 100 questions and you'll be fine ..provided your paperwork is all in order
Old Mar 21st 2006, 3:25 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
well it was today ..and I've got four words to describe itEasy Peasey Lemon Squeezey
Well done that kiddo .........
Old Mar 21st 2006, 3:29 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Multi choice now? they must be dumbing down hmmm....that probably doesn't sound right...oh well
Old Mar 21st 2006, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

As my application was very straightforward the interview consisted of the interviewer going over my N400 application.....and then I was handed a sheet of paper with 10 questions from the 100 on their website...they were even MULTIPLE CHOICE!! I scored 10/10

Anyway had to hang around for my appointment sheet for my ceremony...Weds 29th of this month...can't believe how fast it's all gone by...I'm bringing the kids with me...it's not everyday you watch your mam become an American citizen besides...it means a day off school

If anybody out there is going through the Naturalization process, the best advice as far as the test is just study those 100 questions and you'll be fine ..provided your paperwork is all in order
Great stuff. Nother job almost done. Lucky you multiple choice & written. Mine were verbal from the interviewers head.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 3:49 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Well done - congrats
Old Mar 21st 2006, 12:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Celtic_Angel]well it was today ..and I've got four words to describe it

Congratulations!!!! Bet you can't wait for next Wednesday.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Always21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! It's such a relief to have that out of the way. My test was written multiple choice too, but that was because they tested a whole room of us at the same time when we went for fingerprinting. This is the first I've heard of it during an individual interview. Interesting.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Applicants in TX must either be very stupid or very privileged to be able to answer their citizenship questions by multiple choice...
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:16 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
Applicants in TX must either be very stupid or very privileged to be able to answer their citizenship questions by multiple choice...
I will go for the former ......
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
Maybe its because GW, comes from TEXAS. Special deal wink wink.
Many years ago, long before 9/11, my friend in Florida, went to some private immigration class, took the test & his fingerprints. This was when, finger prints could be done in licensed stores.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
Maybe its because GW, comes from TEXAS. Special deal wink wink.
Many years ago, long before 9/11, my friend in Florida, went to some private immigration class, took the test & his fingerprints. This was when, finger prints could be done in licensed stores.
Reg. Frank R.
When we first applied for the GC in '97 we had to go to a licensed store. Can't remember where it was but it was in a really crap area. Bars and shutters over all the windows, shops boarded up. Had to climb about 4 flights of stairs, went into this filthy office which was operated by Eastern Europeans who could hardly speak a word of English. We couldn't believe it, how could this be part of such an official process? A couple of months later we received a letter saying the system had been changed (surprise, surprise) and that we had to go to our nearest cop shop/courthouse for refingerprinting.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
When we first applied for the GC in '97 we had to go to a licensed store. Can't remember where it was but it was in a really crap area. Bars and shutters over all the windows, shops boarded up. Had to climb about 4 flights of stairs, went into this filthy office which was operated by Eastern Europeans who could hardly speak a word of English. We couldn't believe it, how could this be part of such an official process? A couple of months later we received a letter saying the system had been changed (surprise, surprise) and that we had to go to our nearest cop shop/courthouse for refingerprinting.
Yep, there were several such shops/stores on Broadway, near Federal Plaza NYC. It always surprised me, dumb idea, really dumb idea!
Reg. Frank R.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.