Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to the USA from the UK

Wikiposts

Moving to the USA from the UK

Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:10 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the USA from the UK

Originally Posted by kimilseung
and you have identified my area of ignorance.
You're still better than him.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Ieuan is a name known to allIeuan is a name known to allIeuan is a name known to allIeuan is a name known to allIeuan is a name known to allIeuan is a name known to allIeuan is a name known to allIeuan is a name known to allIeuan is a name known to allIeuan is a name known to allIeuan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Apfelkuchen
Before you start criticising other people for their use of language you should probably do something about your own. In English common nouns do not have an initial capital letter other than at the beginning of sentences. Aide is a noun, not a verb. 'Ignorant' does not necessarily carry a pejorative meaning. 'Incorrect' is not hyphenated. Vocabulary, not grammar. A full stop is used to indicate the end of a sentence.
Take the stick out of your arse for god's sake!

I made a joke about his use of a word that, if used properly, would have been an insult.

he admitted he did not use the word correctly and meant no insult. Problem solved

Last edited by Ieuan; Feb 19th 2013 at 10:17 am.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

newton817 will become famous soon enough

Hi Ieuan,

If you have a dream of living in the US then I suggest you do what most of these nice folk on here are trying to tell you.

In 2006 when my family applied for visa to the US, I too had aspirations that the visa process would be quick and easy but I soon realized through this forum that wasn't going to happen. People on here are not being patronizing but are being very honest and giving you their honest knowledge of the visa process.

Like people on here are saying, if you have a dream of going to live in the US there no easy or quick way but if you work hard and are patient you can do it.

Good luck!
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Ieuan is a name known to allIeuan is a name known to allIeuan is a name known to allIeuan is a name known to allIeuan is a name known to allIeuan is a name known to allIeuan is a name known to allIeuan is a name known to allIeuan is a name known to allIeuan is a name known to allIeuan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by newton817
Hi Ieuan,

If you have a dream of living in the US then I suggest you do what most of these nice folk on here are trying to tell you.

In 2006 when my family applied for visa to the US, I too had aspirations that the visa process would be quick and easy but I soon realized through this forum that wasn't going to happen. People on here are not being patronizing but are being very honest and giving you their honest knowledge of the visa process.

Like people on here are saying, if you have a dream of going to live in the US there no easy or quick way but if you work hard and are patient you can do it.

Good luck!
Thank you budd.

Yeah getting a good picture of whats needed from the folks here i must admit.

Diddn't realize how much of a process it truly is!
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ieuan

I made a joke about his use of a word that, if used properly, would have been an insult.

he admitted he did not use the word correctly and meant no insult. Problem solved.
There is no need for insults such as the above. I have already removed one of your posts because of the content. If you wish to continue posting please do not give me cause to warn you again.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

he admitted he did not use the word correctly and meant no insult. Problem solved
He was not in-correct in his use of the word 'ignorant'.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:21 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Apfelkuchen
Before you start criticising other people for their use of language you should probably do something about your own. In English common nouns do not have an initial capital letter other than at the beginning of sentences. Aide is a noun, not a verb. 'Ignorant' does not necessarily carry a pejorative meaning. 'Incorrect' is not hyphenated. Vocabulary, not grammar. A full stop is used to indicate the end of a sentence.

EDIT: Oh, and I almost forgot: look up the difference between its and it's.

All of that is excellent advice, to which I might add the importance of using correct punctuation, or indeed any punctuation, as that seems to be another area of weakness for the OP. Must try harder. Especially if the plan is to be accepted onto a degree course at a decent university.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Apfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond repute

And a hilarious 'joke' it was too. I suggest you don't apply for the O-1 visa as a comedian .
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

what about the people constantly calling me ignorant after I have repeatedly asked them to stop?

are they not being offensive? have you warned them?

Someone said sh*t within the first few posts, have they been warned also?

Or is the word ar*e considered offensive, only when it comes from me?

and all your friends can freely be-little and provoke people?...Reading through some of the posts, it seems to VERY biased warnings being dished out

hmm...eitherway! Does not bother me in the slightest! I'm very grateful for the good advice i have received here and will put it to good use.

Last edited by Ieuan; Feb 19th 2013 at 10:32 am.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

what about the people constantly calling me ignorant after I have repeatedly asked them to stop?

are they not being offensive? have you warned them?

Someone said sh*t within the first few posts, have they been warned also?

Or is the word ar*e considered offensive, only when it comes from me?

and all your friends can freely be-little and provoke people?...Reading through some of the posts, it seems to VERY biased warnings being dished out

hmm...eitherway! Does not bother me in the slightest! I'm very grateful for the good advice i have received here and will put it to good use.
You have been given lots of good advice in this thread. Unfortunately we are going round in circles and insults are being thrown about.

Thread closed.