Moving stuff from Irleand to California

Moving stuff from Irleand to California

Old Oct 5th 2010, 2:50 pm
THX
Just Joined

THX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving stuff from Irleand to California

Hello
I am pretty sure that most of you could recommend some company that will shipp some of my stuff from Dublin to California
Thanks a lot
Old Oct 5th 2010, 3:50 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving stuff from Irleand to California

Originally Posted by THX
I am pretty sure that most of you could recommend some company that will shipp some of my stuff from Dublin to California
Do you have a visa already sorted? My advice is sell what you have and buy something once you get to California... unless, of course, you have lots of money to spend on shipping and lots of time to wait until it arrives and don't mind not having anything until then.

Ian
Old Oct 5th 2010, 4:32 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

We used a company called Interdean from Scotland to US. They were excellent, but we didn't pay for them and I think they were $$$. They made special crates for some items, packed everything, dismantled furniture, took down wall mounted tvs etc. They also unpack at the other end.
There are lots of threads on here from people recommending companies so it might be worth doing a search.
Good luck with your move.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 9:46 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weeze
We used a company called Interdean from Scotland to US. They were excellent, but we didn't pay for them and I think they were $$$. They made special crates for some items, packed everything, dismantled furniture, took down wall mounted tvs etc. They also unpack at the other end.
There are lots of threads on here from people recommending companies so it might be worth doing a search.
Good luck with your move.
Just in case anyone does a search for this company in future, wanted to take back my excellent! We had quite a few breakages although others that used them were fine.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 10:13 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that! At least you didn't have to pay for the privilege.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 10:19 pm

Very true! We have the benefit of being able to claim through the company as well so hopefully wont be too bad. The men unpacking were very good at pointing out things that had broken for us. A bit upsetting about a bench we bought as we won't be able to replace it that easily. It was chainsaw art made by a man in Aberdeenshire. Hey hum though, there are worse things in life than a broken bench!
Old Nov 18th 2010, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Hubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of light

We used Interdean too (UK to US) and I cannot fault them. We had one thing with a minor chip in it but everything else made it here in one piece (still need to sort out the handles on the drawers in the wardrobe as they're still inside out). It was Grable who were our unpackers in the US, the guys who did the actual unloading etc were fantastic, the office staff were bloody awful.