Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to NYC...help!!

Moving to NYC...help!!

Old Nov 28th 2007, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to NYC...help!!

Originally Posted by Bob
Zoned parking for snow removal?

That's what I meant, as you'd have to shift your car to certain areas between certain times or your car will be ploughed over or towed.
Well I dont have a car here in London so I'm used to that already! I actually miss having a car as it does give you a degree of freedom...i used to love driving down to brighton at a moments notice and spending a nice afternoon down there...but i definitely think having a car in nyc will be a bad idea....
Old Nov 28th 2007, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute

I just found out that I wont be going out for my two week 'trial' until January, so the visa process wont even begin until jan, so I'm not going to be there until at least march I think (presuming everything goes smoothly and they find a replacement for me)...but my gf's visa to be in the UK expires in Jan, so we are going to have to pay 600 quid to extend her visa or face a few months of being apart!

I know that sounds really ungrateful but now this move looks fairly certain, i just want it to happen asap!!!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:48 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Zoned parking for snow removal? That's what I meant, as you'd have to shift your car to certain areas between certain times or your car will be ploughed over or towed.
Aah, sorry, I thought you meant like residents parking decals like in Chicago or posh bits of DC. Yes, you're absolutely right, practically all streets in NYC have alternate side parking, but they sometimes suspend it the day after heavy snow. But sometimes it's up to you to dig yourself out and comply with regular parking restrictions.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Worsel
you might want to consider a room mate
With big tit's
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
With big tit's
I live with my gf and she'll be moving with me so that dept is taken care of....