Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to New Jersey -

Moving to New Jersey -

Old Jul 3rd 2019, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

sunnyjyoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to New Jersey -

Need some advise, we (me my wife and our 5 year old son) are moving to states around end of august, work will be in Manhattan.
we decided to live in New jersey area for easy commute to Manhattan

suggestion for any good place to live with good schools around and easy commute to Manhattan ?
he currently goes to a private school (P1) in UK - so far from the information we gathered private school fees are a lot more when compared to UK

Thank you
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 10:23 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to New Jersey -

Welcome to BE! It's a big holiday tomorrow, so things are probably going to be a bit slow around here. In the meantime, you might want to search for threads like this one, started by someone else moving to NJ, which probably covers appropriate ground for you and has some applicable tips: https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-...chools-925885/
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 10:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnyjyoti View Post
Need some advise, we (me my wife and our 5 year old son) are moving to states around end of august, work will be in Manhattan.
we decided to live in New jersey area for easy commute to Manhattan

suggestion for any good place to live with good schools around and easy commute to Manhattan ?
he currently goes to a private school (P1) in UK - so far from the information we gathered private school fees are a lot more when compared to UK

Thank you
There have been many threads on NJ. Please use the search function to find them. Also look at threads/posts by Englishmum...some great info there!

https://britishexpats.com/forum/memb...glishmum-1486/

Yes private schools are much more...you will also be expected to cough up for fundraisers and annual giving. When my daughter was in private school in Chester, there was no annual giving and fundraiser prizes were a box of chocs or a bottle of Sainsbury’s wine. In NJ the prizes were often of a 4 figure value, or more.

In my experience most people who send their children to private school in NJ are mega rich. Not all but many are. Some of the surnames of the kids at my daughters school were household names.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 3rd 2019 at 10:54 pm. Reason: To post link
Old Aug 12th 2019, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

sorry for late reply, thank you
Old Aug 12th 2019, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

thank you for your quick reply will look into thread from English mum
Old Aug 13th 2019, 9:38 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Which visa? Will Spouse also be working? (if visa allows them too)