Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to Houston from Manchester UK (and scared.....)!!!!!

Wikiposts

Moving to Houston from Manchester UK (and scared.....)!!!!!

Old Jun 7th 2007, 9:05 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Houston from Manchester UK (and scared.....)!!!!!

Originally Posted by cadengineer
Study is the way to go if your on an H4, however until you are here for I think 6 months you will be regarded as not being from instate and the fees will be about double, this may be a good motivavtor to hang about the pool for a bit and work that tan.
I don't know about Texas but here in PA you have to have lived in the state for 2 years to qualify for instate fees. They also like you to be a permanent resident but they use their discretion on that one.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
I didn't think anybody liked Texas..seriously..glad you do
You just need to find the right part, I like it here in Austin, apart from the 3 months in the middle of summer.

- Tim
Old Jun 8th 2007, 3:54 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimFountain
You just need to find the right part, I like it here in Austin, apart from the 3 months in the middle of summer.
Me too although I'd say four months and include September.

We've been extremely lucky this year and have escaped "real" summer up until now. The June bugs are actually around now and not in May!

Last night I watched a June bug assassin -- a toad -- under the streetlight next to our house. At first it was relatively willing to travel a few inches for food. We went to get something to eat ourselves and by the time we got back, the toad was visibly comprised of a cartilaginous back and one huge, bulging stomach. It could only waddle.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 3:21 am
Just Joined

2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice

We also live in Seabrook, but because of a new born have not really had time to socialize......Do they have adult soccer clubs (Men Over-30's) in Seabrook that I could train with. I miss footy training and my waist line has suffered!!
I work in Deer Park and there is an indoor soccer facility opening on Fairmont that will have lunch time games (12-1) that will be great.....anyone interested go to http://www.gamedaytx.com/index.html and register.