Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to Florida

Moving to Florida

Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:57 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Florida

Originally Posted by Ray
Hey!!! I went to the opening in 1971... Orlando was very small then ...
It was even better when it was a one donkey village called Jerrigan ...

The name was changed to Orlando in 1857 to honor soldier Orlando Reeves who was killed by an Indian arrow while on duty as a sentinel. The U.S. Postal Service recognized the city on July 21, 1875. Its population was only 85.
Were you and Mr. Reeves amigos?
Old Feb 9th 2006, 2:09 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ray
Its all 7% now I though .... addd a toe...
7%??! Damnit! When did that happen?
Old Feb 9th 2006, 2:18 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Its population was only 85.
Any Americans, or were they all British Expats?

Yes, you're all confirming what I already thought. I need a minion. Anyone want to go for me?

BTW, did Disney World in the 80s. Thought it was rather dated back then even. No intentions on returning.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Any Americans, or were they all British Expats?

Yes, you're all confirming what I already thought. I need a minion. Anyone want to go for me?

BTW, did Disney World in the 80s. Thought it was rather dated back then even. No intentions on returning.
Theres a place near where I live called Silver Springs...although it's still touristy its mostly Yanks as its about 1.5 hours from Whorelando so Brits dont get up here. Its known as 'Natures Themepark' as its one of the hot springs and you get to go on glass bottom boats, swim with manatee, alligator wrestle, wander amongst cyprus groves full of snakes and spiders and generally have a play with nature. If you want to see something different its worth a look.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 5:28 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Theres a place near where I live called Silver Springs...although it's still touristy its mostly Yanks as its about 1.5 hours from Whorelando so Brits dont get up here. Its known as 'Natures Themepark' as its one of the hot springs and you get to go on glass bottom boats, swim with manatee, alligator wrestle, wander amongst cyprus groves full of snakes and spiders and generally have a play with nature. If you want to see something different its worth a look.
And on the way stop at the Don Garlits drag racing museum.. if your into that sort of thing ...
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
And on the way stop at the Don Garlits drag racing museum.. if your into that sort of thing ...
Its highly recomended....just off the I75 on the 484.

And just up the 40 from Silver Springs is an excellent public outdoor range in the middle of Ocala Forest.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:31 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

I believe the entry fee at Seaworld et al is now Contents of Wallet + 1 Limb. Plus sales tax of 6.25% of course.
Ah, but if you're a Floridian you get to go all year for the price of one entry fee
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by izibear
Ah, but if you're a Floridian you get to go all year for the price of one entry fee
Its still a rip off. And that means having to go to WHorelando more than once every 365 days. Nah, If I want to watch big blubbery whales performing I'll just go and sit outside McDonalds or KFC for free.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:35 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

. Nah, If I want to watch big blubbery whales performing I'll just go and sit outside McDonalds or KFC for free.
Or come and watch me swimming in the pool anytime after March
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
Or come and watch me swimming in the pool anytime after March
LOL. Only if I can shoot some varmints while I watch.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:36 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Works out great if you live in the Tampa area and have kids. You can buy the Busch Gardens/Adventure Island and Sea World combo.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:37 pm
Account Closed

Works out great if you live in the Tampa area and have kids. You can buy the Busch Gardens/Adventure Island and Sea World combo.
But you have to actually like - or at least tolerate - heaving masses of sweating, lobster red tourists to get any benefit.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 7:51 pm
Account Closed

ROFLMAO the irony of it... I have just this minute recieved an automated phone call the opening line of which went:

"Congratulations! You and your family have been selected to win a 4 day vacation in Orlando!"
Old Feb 9th 2006, 7:56 pm
Account Closed

ROFLMAO the irony of it... I have just this minute recieved an automated phone call the opening line of which went:

"Congratulations! You and your family have been selected to win a 4 day vacation in Orlando!"
Why do they bother with FL folk is beyond me.......
Old Feb 9th 2006, 8:28 pm
Account Closed

Why do they bother with FL folk is beyond me.......
You'd think they would kinda filter out all the numbers with FLA area codes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.