Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving with Children

Moving with Children

Old May 11th 2022, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

Shark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving with Children

Originally Posted by DannyW
Hi Everyone,

I've been offered a role in Orlando with my company, they are just about to file my L1 paperwork. We'll be moving over with two kids (aged 8 and nearly 11) and I wanted to know if people had moved with kids of a similar age, and how you found the transition to schooling? Are they young enough where they'll be able to adapt easily (I know that's subjective) to the curriculum, or are there schools available that teach the UK curriculum? We've been looking in to areas that have highly rated schools, so I'm hoping the level of teaching etc. is pretty much where they need to be at.

Appreciate any advice or similar experience stories!
we too moved from U.K. to Orlando my son was 5 then his now 10 and personally which area you choose really will make a huge difference on the school you decide on. Also yes the education is definitely behind from what
you would expect your child’s age range to be learning in U.K. but with that said if you take interest in their education and what they are learning you can keep them up to where they need to be I also carried on U.K. work books at home when I felt he wasn’t be challenged. His doing great where he is and most importantly his happy at his school.
Old May 11th 2022, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving with Children

Originally Posted by Shark013
we too moved from U.K. to Orlando my son was 5 then his now 10 and personally which area you choose really will make a huge difference on the school you decide on. Also yes the education is definitely behind from what
you would expect your child’s age range to be learning in U.K. but with that said if you take interest in their education and what they are learning you can keep them up to where they need to be I also carried on U.K. work books at home when I felt he wasn’t be challenged. His doing great where he is and most importantly his happy at his school.
Nail on the head. Without private schooling our little girl would be behind. It is clear and obvious (to some)