Reload this Page >

Moving all our stuff

Moving all our stuff

Old Sep 6th 2001, 9:24 am
bex
Just Joined

bex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm really new here, mainly because I only just worked out that chatting over some of our problems is probably easier than working it all out alone, so I hope someone can help with our latest dilemma. I've recently received my visa to move to the US (yay!) and my husband and I fly on 1st November. Having packed up all our stuff (we've already taken a lot of stuff over to his parents) we still have too much to consider taking on the airline. Does anyone have any helpful links or contacts about shipping our stuff?

We have around 2 carloads of things (I know this cos we recently moved to my sister's house until the big move) and some of that will go on the plane with us when we fly over. So it's not a huge amount of stuff, but we'd like to get it over there rather than leaving it all here in storage.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.
Old Sep 6th 2001, 3:15 pm
Alistair Bell

On Thu, 06 Sep 2001 09:35:52 GMT, bex is alleged to have said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

We've used Bishop's Move for both our moves of furniture.
(http://www.bishopsmove.com/) They'll pack stuff up, put it in a container, and get
it across the Atlantic on a ship -- then their subcontractor will deliver it to you
in the US. It takes six to eight weeks from saying goodbye to your stuff in the UK to
saying hello to it in the US, but it gets it there.

Just a personal opinion from a satisfied customer.

Alistair

I am not a lawyer, and anything I say is worth exactly what you paid for it
(i.e. nothing!) For reliable advice, always consult a good immigration lawyer.