Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Mothers Birthday this week, big guilt time for me

Mothers Birthday this week, big guilt time for me

Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:07 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mothers Birthday this week, big guilt time for me

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Well didn't your dad ever tell you that too much would make you go blind.
I'd reply but Im having to squint to see what you wrote and it's all blurry.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I'd reply but Im having to squint to see what you wrote and it's all blurry.
I knew it! LOL.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
We choose to leave our love ones, if only we could of for seen what we are doing to them as well as our self's, it's heart breaking. Chin up Frank.
Thanks britvic.
Frank R.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
My mother will be 90 years young or is it old, this week. Due to various circumstances, I/we will not be going to UK, too much going on here in US. I have to say, I'm already having major guilt trip. Missed birthdays, weddings & funerals, does make life of an Expat difficult.
Reg. Frank R.
A friend in Germany has told me she's started ordering all sorts of pressies on line from Tesco's, she sent her Mother a beautiful bouquet of flowers from them, her Mum said it was the most beautiful bouquet she's ever got, and apparently it's rather good prices and free delivery. Maybe you could cheer her up with something like that as you won't be able to get home.

By the way, sent K for you, but said 80 for your your Mum, not 90... oops
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BrandonBrit
A friend in Germany has told me she's started ordering all sorts of pressies on line from Tesco's, she sent her Mother a beautiful bouquet of flowers from them, her Mum said it was the most beautiful bouquet she's ever got, and apparently it's rather good prices and free delivery. Maybe you could cheer her up with something like that as you won't be able to get home.

Great idea. Thanks.
I have family in UK, so have already arrange for them to do the business. Guaranteed, good flowers.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BrandonBrit

Gotcha, thanks. Appreciated. Mother, said she is pleased to have lost 10 years.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks to all, for the replies & K.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to all, for the replies & K.
Reg. Frank R.
Good scam Frank. Great way of collecting lots of Karma.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hell I've just noticed this thread says Mothers Birthday, I thought it said Mothers Day this week. Last night I told my hubby that it's Mothers Day this Sunday, thought it was strange as it's usually in May. Oh well I'll keep quiet and maybe I'll get lucky and have two lots of pressies.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

It was my mum's birthday on the 2nd April, I sent a card etc and phoned her on the day, she talked to the kids and we had a nice chat. But apparently my sister had to go and see her a few hours later 'cause she had become so upset that we weren't there, it's hard to know what to do for the best sometimes....
Old Apr 11th 2006, 1:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by nethead
It was my mum's birthday on the 2nd April, I sent a card etc and phoned her on the day, she talked to the kids and we had a nice chat. But apparently my sister had to go and see her a few hours later 'cause she had become so upset that we weren't there, it's hard to know what to do for the best sometimes....
That's what I think when we go back to visit our parents. First they're pleased to see us, then its 'we'll miss you when you go back next week' tears welling up in their eyes. Then of course there's that gut wrenching final goodbye. I know they love to see us but can't help thinking sometimes maybe they could do without the upset and disruption that our visits cause.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 11th 2006 at 2:20 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good scam Frank. Great way of collecting lots of Karma.
Be nice & I will give you some.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 2:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Be nice & I will give you some.
Reg. Frank R.
I gave you some earlier this morning.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

I gave you some earlier this morning.
Wow, I never felt a thing?
Reg. Frank R.