Old Dec 15th 2006, 2:23 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Most embarrassing moment at work doo

Originally Posted by Toontje
Not in other places on this earth.
my my we're on the ball this morning
Old Dec 15th 2006, 2:26 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Most embarrassing moment at work doo

I was the office junior and the company I worked for had a Christmas dinner-dance at an hotel every year, plus a drinks do at the office in the conference room.

I did have an embarrassing moment at the evening do when I had to wear a long evening gown. It was a strapless top so I had to wear a Wonderbra. Unfortunately the damn thing slid down my ribcage to my waist, despite being on the tightest setting....

Although everyone knew I was under-age for drinking, the old lechers there were always handing me glasses of wine to drink (since they weren't even having to pay for any alcohol....tossers). At the afternoon do a few days later, I realised that I'd left my handbag in the print-room downstairs and went to retrieve it. As I was quite tipsy, I flung the door open and turned on the lights.....to find the top boss there against the photocopier with his hand up his secretary's blouse and his trousers down past his hips..... :scared:

It turned out that they'd been having an affair for years (her marriage broke up over it) but he wouldn't leave his wife as because they had a son )

I couldn't wait to leave that company... and resigned not long afterwards.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:05 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I was the office junior and the company I worked for had a Christmas dinner-dance at an hotel every year, plus a drinks do at the office in the conference room.

I did have an embarrassing moment at the evening do when I had to wear a long evening gown. It was a strapless top so I had to wear a Wonderbra. Unfortunately the damn thing slid down my ribcage to my waist, despite being on the tightest setting....

Although everyone knew I was under-age for drinking, the old lechers there were always handing me glasses of wine to drink (since they weren't even having to pay for any alcohol....tossers). At the afternoon do a few days later, I realised that I'd left my handbag in the print-room downstairs and went to retrieve it. As I was quite tipsy, I flung the door open and turned on the lights.....to find the top boss there against the photocopier with his hand up his secretary's blouse and his trousers down past his hips..... :scared:

It turned out that they'd been having an affair for years (her marriage broke up over it) but he wouldn't leave his wife as because they had a son )

I couldn't wait to leave that company... and resigned not long afterwards.
Spot on that englishmum - two stories for the price of one. Cant believe you left when you had the goods on the boss tho!
Old Dec 15th 2006, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
It is the works chrimbo doo today (back home). Everybody will be eating nibbles in the office and looking forward to getting out after lunch for a P-up.

No doubt there will be married managers snogged by snotty nosed temps, underlings telling their boss a 'thing or two, buddy', spilled drinks, tears and laughter followed by pounding headaches and that feeling in the pit of the stomach that something was done which can never be lived down. Then the feeling that it would be easier to resign than face your colleagues ever again and the prayers that someone else was worse than you.

Ever wake up with the temp? Photocopy your arse or dance like your dad? I know I have.

Amusing and cringworthy tales please.

Hubby's work doo two years ago, a very drunk co -workers girlfriend asked us to swing with them, hit on me and asked me to dance, then started yelling obscenities when I politely told her no She then moved on to our friend we had come to the party with too..... to no avail....
Most embarrassing was having to see her again at the party the following year
And as luck wouldn't have it the yearly doo is tonight again. I shall trot on in my Xmas armour and hope for a pleasant evening :scared: