Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Mitt Romney's Opinion on Great Britain

Mitt Romney's Opinion on Great Britain

Old Jul 30th 2012, 2:50 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mitt Romney's Opinion on Great Britain

He just gets worse.
http://thepage.time.com/2012/07/29/walk-back/
He's insulting all around.
I think they should make him walk home.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 2:55 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
He just gets worse.
http://thepage.time.com/2012/07/29/walk-back/
He's insulting all around.
I think they should make him walk home.
"What we have said and with which I concur is that we should use every diplomatic and political vehicle that’s available to us to keep Iran from becoming a nuclear capability state"

Neither Romney, nor anyone else, can keep Iran from becoming a nuclear capability state. They blew that in 2003 when they went into Iraq.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

davidtheprof is a name known to alldavidtheprof is a name known to alldavidtheprof is a name known to alldavidtheprof is a name known to alldavidtheprof is a name known to alldavidtheprof is a name known to alldavidtheprof is a name known to alldavidtheprof is a name known to alldavidtheprof is a name known to alldavidtheprof is a name known to alldavidtheprof is a name known to all

been 'ere 25 years, and said we'd leave if Reagan got a second term, if Bush sr. got in, if Bush II won, or won AGAIN, and somehow we are still here.
Frankly, Romney is less scary, more of a pragmatic empty suit. When governor of Mass, was Clintonesque in politics. But will be more indebted to the right wing loonies now.

the best coverage of the election, in my view, is at
http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

A very sophisticated model of electoral votes, still has Obama up 1% in popular poll, but around 2-1 favorite to win, based on his position in the key states.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 3:06 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidtheprof
been 'ere 25 years, and said we'd leave if Reagan got a second term, if Bush sr. got in, if Bush II won, or won AGAIN, and somehow we are still here.
Frankly, Romney is less scary, more of a pragmatic empty suit. When governor of Mass, was Clintonesque in politics. But will be more indebted to the right wing loonies now.

A very sophisticated model of electoral votes, still has Obama up 1% in popular poll, but around 2-1 favorite to win, based on his position in the key states.
I'm certain Obama will get a second term. Apart from anything else there will still be dirt on Romney that the Dems haven't leaked yet, whereas by this stage in his career most of Obama's has been dragged out already. Obama is leading in most polls, although electoral college numbers could be interesting if Romney gets OH and VA, and of course the old faithful Florida. All those went with Obama in 2008 but now they could swing - especially OH.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidtheprof

I'd leave if Romney won, make no mistakes. A country that elects such an empty suit for a leader, deserves what they get, and I don't plan on sticking around to see it (and that's coming from a 'born and bred' USC).
Old Jul 30th 2012, 1:41 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
I'm certain Obama will get a second term. Apart from anything else there will still be dirt on Romney that the Dems haven't leaked yet, whereas by this stage in his career most of Obama's has been dragged out already. Obama is leading in most polls, although electoral college numbers could be interesting if Romney gets OH and VA, and of course the old faithful Florida. All those went with Obama in 2008 but now they could swing - especially OH.
What if they have an October Surprise up their sleeve against Obama though.. some bombshell, true, partially true or a complete lie, that they are keeping deadly secret at this point but will bring out late in the day, too late to effectively refute?
Old Jul 30th 2012, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

davidtheprof is a name known to alldavidtheprof is a name known to alldavidtheprof is a name known to alldavidtheprof is a name known to alldavidtheprof is a name known to alldavidtheprof is a name known to alldavidtheprof is a name known to alldavidtheprof is a name known to alldavidtheprof is a name known to alldavidtheprof is a name known to alldavidtheprof is a name known to all

only bombshell seems to be willingness of Romney to let Israel bomb Iran.... might appeal to some, but hopefully will be seen as wild and risky, a foreign policy idiot and loose cannon.

Obama just has to avoid major gaffs himself (the entrepreneurship speech was major blunder, the way he expressed it)

Romney's offshore bank accounts and tax returns, some real time-bombs there!

mostly, the election hangs on unemployment numbers...
Old Jul 30th 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

mamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
What if they have an October Surprise up their sleeve against Obama though.. some bombshell, true, partially true or a complete lie, that they are keeping deadly secret at this point but will bring out late in the day, too late to effectively refute?
They've been trying to dig dirt on Obama for years, and have found none...I'd be surprised if they find anything new.
Obama doesn't even have to campaign IMHO.....he can just sit back, and watch Romney make a dick of himself on his foreign travels....and laugh!!
Old Jul 30th 2012, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mamasue
Obama doesn't even have to campaign IMHO.....he can just sit back, and watch Romney make a dick of himself on his foreign travels....and laugh!!
If the electorate paid attention and cared, I would agree. But they really don't. Romney is a complete dick but I'm convinced it really all comes down to the economy and unemployment numbers. Obama is very vulnerable on that score.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 5:51 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

You assume that the public have to care and that it doesn't actually all come down to the big business to decide who's best (for their interest *cough*
Old Jul 30th 2012, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mamasue
They've been trying to dig dirt on Obama for years, and have found none...I'd be surprised if they find anything new.
I'd personally agree except there is a fairly large voter block of "anything but Obama" out there. They will vote against Obama no matter how weak or laughable the other candidate is.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

mamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit3964
I'd personally agree except there is a fairly large voter block of "anything but Obama" out there. They will vote against Obama no matter how weak or laughable the other candidate is.

Sadly that's true.....my neighbours are of that ilk.....not because they think he's a bad leader....but they listen to people like Rush Limbaugh and think he's great.... need I say more??
They also think Michelle Bachmann would make a great leader.... scarey or what!!!
Old Jul 30th 2012, 10:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by robin1234
Anything's possible. Meanwhile, Romney is his own worst enemy - now he has upset not only the British but also the Palestinians and he's going to upset the Russians on Tuesday when he gives a speech in Poland. I think GOP are misjudging mood of American people by playing the tough-talking Reagan card.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Doing the rounds at the moment:

English people often moan about Americans taking some of our best TV shows, like Spaced, Top Gear and The Inbetweeners, and turning them into absolute crap.But I actually prefer Mitt Romney's version of An Idiot Abroad.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 1:38 am
Banned

Originally Posted by GeoffM
Doing the rounds at the moment:

English people often moan about Americans taking some of our best TV shows, like Spaced, Top Gear and The Inbetweeners, and turning them into absolute crap.But I actually prefer Mitt Romney's version of An Idiot Abroad.
He's just a distraction. Has to be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.