Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Mitt Romney's Opinion on Great Britain

Mitt Romney's Opinion on Great Britain

Old Jul 27th 2012, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mitt Romney's Opinion on Great Britain

Not a Boris fan at all but his comeback was also good: "There's some guy called Mitt Romney..." :-)

I'll give Mitt this though: I seem to have amnesia with the Labour party's current leader too.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 6:26 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Mr Romney attempted to put a brave face on his diplomatic issues on Thursday night, declaring himself to be “a guy from Great Britain” who is “married to a girl from Wales”.

So Wales isn't part of Great Britain then in his mind.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weeze
"I met with the head of MI6 and discussed..."
Do you think they now have tranquilizer darts on standby?
The halfwit's getting confused again. He actually met with the head of MFI.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 6:36 pm
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Macca67
The halfwit's getting confused again. He actually met with the head of MFI.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 6:42 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

This guy is going to lose, watch the whole interview, it wasn't just that question that he screwed up the answer to.

What about an assault weapon ban? After all you supported one in Massachusetts? Waffle, waffle, flipflop, evade.

What about the economy? He almost came out and said Obama had done a good job and was blaming Europe for things not getting better then halfway through his answer he realized he was supposed to be criticizing Obama and came out with a load of drivel.

I genuinely can't figure out what his positions are, he flipflops so often. Don't even get me started on healthcare.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 6:49 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

What a bell-end.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
He almost came out and said Obama had done a good job and was blaming Europe for things not getting better then halfway through his answer he realized he was supposed to be criticizing Obama and came out with a load of drivel.
Apparently there is a general rule or protocol that officials (including wannabe Presidents) don't criticize the current President when they are not in the US.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

HighCountry will become famous soon enoughHighCountry will become famous soon enough

He might have done himself some serious damage, and he certainly entertained me. I just can't take him seriously.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 8:33 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
What a bell-end.
Jeremy Hunt is missing one of those...

Do the swing voters really care if he makes an idiot of himself outside of the US?
Old Jul 27th 2012, 9:13 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
This guy is going to lose, watch the whole interview, it wasn't just that question that he screwed up the answer to.

What about an assault weapon ban? After all you supported one in Massachusetts? Waffle, waffle, flipflop, evade.

What about the economy? He almost came out and said Obama had done a good job and was blaming Europe for things not getting better then halfway through his answer he realized he was supposed to be criticizing Obama and came out with a load of drivel.

I genuinely can't figure out what his positions are, he flipflops so often. Don't even get me started on healthcare.
What depresses me about Americans is that the polls are so close between Obama and Romney. But no, he's not going to win. Way back at the start of the nomination phase I predicted Romney would be made the candidate, and the minute that was confirmed I was 90% certain Obama would get two terms.

Furthermore, I am certain the GOP simply didn't want to win the presidency in 2012 and that is why they fielded this person. I am absolutely sure they could have found a more viable candidate for this position.

As far as his embarrassing gaffe-laden performance in Britain goes the British are used to badly-briefed American leaders making themselves look stupid so it was a case of "nothing to see here" really, and I doubt the average American even knew he was out of the country.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
Apparently there is a general rule or protocol that officials (including wannabe Presidents) don't criticize the current President when they are not in the US.
Protocol got kicked in to touch when the GOP decided it's congressmen & women would no longer represent their constituents & try to do right for the country, but instead do all they could to get Obama out.

I hope their next sh1ts are porcupines....

Old Jul 28th 2012, 4:52 am
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute

From Romney's book "No Apology"

England [sic] is just a small island. Its roads and houses are small. With few exceptions, it doesn't make things that people in the rest of the world want to buy. And if it hadn't been separated from the continent by water, it almost certainly would have been lost to Hitler's ambitions. Yet only two lifetimes ago, Britain ruled the largest and wealthiest empire in the history of humankind. Britain controlled a quarter of the earth's land and a quarter of the earth's population.
I don't know if this is taken out of context, but one thing is certain

England aint and island.....it's on the island of Great Britain.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 5:00 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nun

By drawing a comparison between the decline of the British Empire and what is happening in the United States right now - if that is what he doing - at least he demonstrates that he has a realistic understanding of America's future.

Last edited by Zen10; Jul 28th 2012 at 5:04 am.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nun

Glad to see Romney is also an expert on military strategy and history too. He'll need that when he is still dreaming that he actually is POTUS, while Obama is well in to his second term...

Fvckwit and knob!

That sounds like a comedy legal practice, up there with that other classic comedy legal practice 'Norfolk and Chance' (say it quickly...)
Old Jul 28th 2012, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Mitt Romney's Opinion on Great Britain

Mitt is just like any other American.......who happens to have numerous hidden accounts in Tax Havens around the World. several Homes around the World, including at least one with an elevator in the garage (for cars).

Jim.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.