Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Missing Passport App Documents.

Missing Passport App Documents.

Old Nov 27th 2012, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

newportbeech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Missing Passport App Documents.

Hello Rich,
I cannot prove correlation between the cc fraud, and loss of my passport application. In all honesty, i had just booked online, 3 different hotels for xmas in England, that probably increased my risk of fraud!? The card was closed, with zero liability to myself. My main focus moved onto protecting my daughters personal information, and limiting any id theft damage.

My main beef with the whole debacle, is getting someone at DC, to take MY concerns seriously, and promptly! I had the misfortune, through the UK Passport Helpline, to be connected with the most inept 'escalation clerks' imaginable. They really failed to grasp my situation, and ridiculously, asked for my tracking number, not once, not twice, but THREE times!! I was "hopping mad" by this point.

Notwithstanding the above. There are some really considerate, intelligent employees at DC. It just really annoys me, that it took me 80+ days to be introduced to Nicholas Roscoe.

Compensation, is being made available to me. The Embassy is paying for all replacement docs, and postage in acquiring them, also the girls photo costs. My UPS Postage costs are $150...It's not cheap to complain to London by mail.

I just really hope, the DC Embassy, learns something in regards to handling of mail procedures...And installs some more CCTV cameras, to eradicate 'blind spots', thus reducing the risk of 'unsportsmanlike behavior'.

Have a great day Rich.