Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Michael Jackson - Verdict

Michael Jackson - Verdict

Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Jackson - Verdict

Hey, did any one hear.. I will be writting a book next to tell all..................

Soon to be in a bookstore near you!

Originally Posted by tony_2003
Case was one of the biggest farces I have seen in my life. Glad the jury saw through the serial liars. The only thing sickening about this case was that a mother would put her children through anything for a cash windfall. Well done MJ!
Old Jun 14th 2005, 11:31 am
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

SO, have you read also what most Brits think. This part of the BBC normally reflects a pretty good pro-portion of what people think. I'm guessing perhaps the BBC reported more "facts" than their US news counter-parts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/talking_point/4615225.stm

Most Brits here think this was a farce too and from the facts they read, felt this was a trial by the media and MJ was innocent of the crimes but not of being wacko.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

TaffyinOK has a spectacular aura aboutTaffyinOK has a spectacular aura aboutTaffyinOK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Taffyles
There should be an investigation into the mother and charges brought- she is abusing her children.
Back to the topic. I think there was more than enough doubt established to acquitt Jackson- the prosecution didn't really have a case, as it turns out. I believe Jackson tries to look and act like Peter Pan in his Neverland having sleepovers with lost boys- no doubt trying to have the normal childhood he never had. Eccentric, yes absolutely.. but child molestor? nahhh. He was far too open about his activities for one thing- IMO.... in all innocence.

"Eccentric, yes absolutely.." Crazy like a fox more like.

The consenus on this forum appears to be that the jury brought in the correct verdict for these particular charges, and I begrudgingly agree. However, any man who "sleeps" with little boys (notice the glaring absence of little girls) is definitely left of center. MJ needs psychiatric help, at the very least.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TaffyinOK
"Eccentric, yes absolutely.." Crazy like a fox more like.

The consenus on this forum appears to be that the jury brought in the correct verdict for these particular charges, and I begrudgingly agree. However, any man who "sleeps" with little boys (notice the glaring absence of little girls) is definitely left of center. MJ needs psychiatric help, at the very least.
Incredible naivety isn't listed in the DSM IV. I don't think he has a mental illness, I think he simply needs to grow up and get real. Although I'm sure some counselling would help him come to terms with all this. He "sleeps" with boys yes, but sleep doesn't always mean sex or molestation. He hangs out with kids- climbs trees with them, plays video games, running round Neverland having fun and sleeps. Why is it soo hard for people to think that this could be innocent? A reflection of the times I suppose.
As for the sleepovers...Macauly Culkin said to Larry King- you have to remember Michael Jackson's bed is the size of a room, his bedroom is two storeys with 3 bathrooms ...and when he had sleepovers with MJ, Michael Jackson slept on the floor- camping out. The guy is just trying to recapture the childhood he never had. Its got to stop of course..at least the sleepovers have to stop. I hope he doesn't close the doors of Neverland to all after this - he's helped a lot of disadvantaged and ill children.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:05 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he doesn't close the doors of Neverland to all after this - he's helped a lot of disadvantaged and ill children.
But like most things, someone comes a long and screws it up for everyone else.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
I'm curious to see how he will act now. Will he still have sleepovers and risk it happening again. His trust was used against him twice now and if it was me, I wouldn't take that chance again.

Whatever the parent's "m.o." was, I think they should be investigated. Wasn't there some deal with them and JC Penny's?? Didn't the parents so them too??
Yes the family has a history of this.The parents used their son's cancer to try and get money out of celebrities- J Leno being one. They divorced and the father lost custody of the kids because he assaulted the mother. Next, the mother filed a false law suit against JC Penny to try and get money (previously having sent the boys to acting lessons). Gavin Alvariz admitted that he had lied in that law suit...IOW committed perjury. And no doubt she saw an opportunity to get a big settlement out of Michael Jackson. The child protective agencies should be investigating HER.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:24 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

The child protective agencies should be investigating HER.
Agreed.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

NBC must have a great sense of humour.

Our tv was advertizing Fear Factor, with people having to put awful things in their mouth whilst being blindfolded. Strangely enough they had wacko jacko instead on.

Who says the Yanks don't do irony ???
Old Jun 14th 2005, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

austin_d_powers has a reputation beyond reputeaustin_d_powers has a reputation beyond reputeaustin_d_powers has a reputation beyond reputeaustin_d_powers has a reputation beyond reputeaustin_d_powers has a reputation beyond reputeaustin_d_powers has a reputation beyond reputeaustin_d_powers has a reputation beyond reputeaustin_d_powers has a reputation beyond reputeaustin_d_powers has a reputation beyond reputeaustin_d_powers has a reputation beyond reputeaustin_d_powers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by callé
Just like OJ.
NO, not like OJ.

MJ had a trial,
OJ had a long running media circus show (literally) with cameras in the court room and everyone thinking about book deals, movie rights and TV shows (including the jury).