Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Mice...........

Mice...........

Old Jul 7th 2006, 5:30 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mice...........

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
While I agree with those that have mentioned removing the food source is critical....rats, mice and roaches will eat anything to survive....paper, soap, furnishings.
true but only if there is a lot of them. One or two would move out to a food source especially if you put real food in plastic and tin containers.

If you have a nest of them then that would be a real problem and even though I hate killing other creatures, I do agree with the previous poster about getting an exterminator.
Old Jul 8th 2006, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mice...........

Originally Posted by nai_in_av
.........and not the computer kind............ following on from the tips about how to keep spiders away in another thread (we have brown recluse and black widows here)

I have recently discovered that we have some friendly mice living somewhere in our house. Great!! So short of calling an exterminator is there anything that I can do that might get rid of them and cost a lot less than an exterminator? Traps, poison etc

We have a 1 year old and so I want to not only get rid of them, but also do anything I can to prevent them coming back. Since we moved into the house in April I have cleared piles of old wood from the back of the house, and also dumped loads of rubbish that was in the basement. Which should hopefully be a start in preventing them, but any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
You need to loan our cat - she'd sort them out in less than an hour. Nothing bigger than an ant lasts in our house...now ant infestations, that's another joy of living out here........