Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Mg (usa)

Originally Posted by Ray
There you go
Where do you find this stuff ????
Old Jul 17th 2006, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
Where do you find this stuff ????
I know.... he is on the ball.....

Just got a PT cruiser.... they remind me a bit of the older classic cars, of course not even close to being in the same league, but it's a nice little drive and I can pretend in the meantime
we keep saying we are going to buy a classic and restore it as a hobby especially after the classic car shows move thru once a year....

Have to make the time...... that would be pretty cool tho a Morris woody especially here at the beach
Old Jul 17th 2006, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I had quite forgotton about the crank handle...my dad's morris minor had one too.
I know! I remember the day he came back from the pub with it, my mum thought he was mad! (he was always coming back from the pub with something ) The funny thing was that old thing outlasted two other newer cars that they had over the years! My sisters and I loved riding around in it pretending we were the pink ladies, we called it the "Grease" car
Old Jul 17th 2006, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tbag
I know! I remember the day he came back from the pub with it, my mum thought he was mad! (he was always coming back from the pub with something ) The funny thing was that old thing outlasted two other newer cars that they had over the years! My sisters and I loved riding around in it pretending we were the pink ladies, we called it the "Grease" car

My first car was a Ford Anglebox. Maroon. If I can get the printer working, I'll scan the photo of me with it and post it.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 12:19 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tbag
didnt morris minor make a woody version like the woody wagons here?
my dad had a morris oxford that he bought from a friend down the pub for 100 Quid! It had a crank handle that you had to turn in the front to start it....
my eldest sister learnt to drive in it! it was hilarious, sometime it would crap out at a light and you had to jump out and crank it it the middle of the road
she met lots of young boys that way though!
100 quid, that's luxury!! My old man bought a Rover 500?? like the one shown here ;

http://www.britishcarforum.com/ubbth.../500/Rover.jpg

for 2 quid, yes 2 quid from his mate in the pub, this was only in the late 70's. It was a rust bucket red with some original white paint and we all took the piss............... he got his revenge by driving it for about 2 years :scared:
I remember he also had a Riley Pathfinder( which Ray might recall), which never actually drove but sat in the front of our house for years as he was planning to 'fix it up', it finally got towed to the junkyard after enough nagging from my Mom
Old Jul 18th 2006, 12:35 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
100 quid, that's luxury!! My old man bought a Rover 500?? like the one shown here ;

for 2 quid, yes 2 quid from his mate in the pub, this was only in the late 70's. It was a rust bucket red with some original white paint and we all took the piss............... he got his revenge by driving it for about 2 years :scared:
I remember he also had a Riley Pathfinder( which Ray might recall), which never actually drove but sat in the front of our house for years as he was planning to 'fix it up', it finally got towed to the junkyard after enough nagging from my Mom
My first car was a Vauxhall HA Viva (the boxey one ) Crazy Baby
Old Jul 18th 2006, 12:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
My first car was a Vauxhall HA Viva (the boxey one ) Crazy Baby
Mine was a mini, so was my 2nd car, my 3rd car and my 4th.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 18th 2006 at 12:58 am.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 2:30 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I remember he also had a Riley Pathfinder( which Ray might recall),
Certainly do ...cracking car used by the met police during the 50s as a high speed car ... eventually replaced by the Wolsey 6/90 another great car ..
Attached Thumbnails Mg (usa)-690.jpg  
Old Jul 18th 2006, 11:34 am
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

My old boss had a Riley Pathfinder he was trying for years to sell it among his used car selection at a Renault garage I remember that it had the gear shift lever down the side of the driver seat by the door instead of in the usual place.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 11:41 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Top ten list of the UK’s most quintessentially British vehicles
1. Morris Minor
2. Aston Martin
3. Rolls Royce
4. Fire Engine
5. Mini
6. Black Cab
7. Double decker bus
8. Robin Reliant
9. Milk Float
10. Green Goddess
Wot no Morris Marina? A classic, surely?
We had a Marina estate when I was a kid - my dad bought it new in 1975 and it was still going strong when he sold it in 1988. Happy days.....
Old Jul 18th 2006, 11:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
And did you know the Allegro was first issued to some police forces as a panda car ..Unfortunately they never read the memo which said do not use a trolley jack at either end ...with the doors open... of course someone did... when put back down .. the doors would no longer close.. it actually bent the whole construction ...

In the US series Lou Grant ... Lou actually drove a Marina..poor bastard ..
No, never knew that. Surely they would only use an allegro to pursue someone who was on foot?

Now, I don't know if this is a legend or if it is really true but I heard that if you hit an Austin Maxi on the roof above the back window that the window would shatter even with a light tap.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 11:59 am
Account Closed

Thumbs up Re: Mg (usa)

If anyone goes back to the UK this place is well worth a visit:

http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/

Don't forget to do the Land Rover off road drive it's great, a pro landy driver takes you round a course and pushes it to the limit. Good stuff.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 2:23 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
And did you know the Allegro was first issued to some police forces as a panda car.
And here I thought the Fiat Panda had cornered that market.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 2:30 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
New MGs will be produced by the Chinese in Oklahoma:

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Indus...2189201&page=1

my first car was a british racing green mgb roadster...could just about fit my globetrotter suitcase in the boot...we had some fun years
Old Jul 18th 2006, 2:31 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

All this talk of old cars reminds me of the Met Police school quiz competition...anyone else remember that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.