British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Memorial Weekend Getaway? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/memorial-weekend-getaway-304590/)

ladylisa May 23rd 2005 8:01 pm

Re: Memorial Weekend Getaway?

Originally Posted by SarahUK
Why don't you come to Chicago to watch the England Vs USA footie match. Me and the other half are going, as is Lion in Winter and Manc with his family. We're going to have a look around Chicago aswell on Sunday, should be fun!

What pub are you all going to? I have tickets to the game, my lovely husband bought them as an anniversary gift...bless! ;)

Lizzi May 24th 2005 1:36 am

Originally Posted by sibsie
If you want decent weather, avoid RI and Boston. It's been a washout here for weeks and is cold cold cold. :(

Oh great that's right where we're headed :(

anotherlimey May 24th 2005 1:50 am

Originally Posted by ladylisa
What pub are you all going to? I have tickets to the game, my lovely husband bought them as an anniversary gift...bless! ;)

We're going to Alcocks after the match, http://www.alcocks.com

Which section are you in at the game?

<thread hijack/>

Yorkieabroad May 24th 2005 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Any ideas/suggestions warmly welcomed!

Check out the flights to Houston - they're probably free to get here (but an arm and a leg to leave ....boom boom :D)

Sarah May 24th 2005 5:54 am

Aww what a sweet husband you have!
I think we're all tailgating before and then onto that pub that anotherlimey mentioned. Read Manc's post at the top of the USA forum for more details. Manc bought my tickets and we're all sat behind one of the goals. Would be nice to meet up :)

Sarah

CitySimon May 24th 2005 1:17 pm

I'll be in the local English bar on Saturday watching the match and am taking part in a memorial day parade on Sunday. Hope it doesn't rain too much. :D

ladylisa May 24th 2005 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
We're going to Alcocks after the match, http://www.alcocks.com

Which section are you in at the game?

<thread hijack/>

Were in section 304. I saw the Alcocks pub mentioned in Mancs posting but then I thought everyone was talking about going to a different pub which the other expat forum are going to. So Alcocks it is, we will go there after the match.

anotherlimey May 24th 2005 3:43 pm

Were in section 304. I saw the Alcocks pub mentioned in Mancs posting but then I thought everyone was talking about going to a different pub which the other expat forum are going to. So Alcocks it is, we will go there after the match.

We're in 126 I think, the other side of the ground, but you'll be behind the 250 from BritsInAmerica.com.

ladylisa May 24th 2005 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
We're in 126 I think, the other side of the ground, but you'll be behind the 250 from BritsInAmerica.com.

I just had a look at their site, I've never really ventured in their before. How did you find out about them going as a group?

anotherlimey May 24th 2005 3:56 pm

I just had a look at their site, I've never really ventured in their before. How did you find out about them going as a group?

Someone here mentioned it in the sticky thread at the top. I also conversed via email with the owner regarding the pre-match party.

Bob May 25th 2005 1:32 am

Don't bother with maine, it's a wash out, supposed to rain solid for the next week to 10 days, sugarloaf is getting around 8 inches of rain tomorrow..

sibsie May 25th 2005 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Lizzi
Oh great that's right where we're headed :(

Sorry about that but it really does suck the big one here. We're in the middle of a Nor'easter that's coming straight back in as soon as it's gone out. I'm still wearing my winter clothes and the forecast is dire through to Mem Day. Mr Sibsie thinks I have an unhealthy obession with the weather, but it was such a shitty winter, that I was really looking forward to some warmer stuff.

Englishmum May 27th 2005 2:47 pm

Gordon Bennett! The sun is shining at long last.

We've decided that we're just going to go on a 'mystery tour' and just see where we'll end up. We've just thrown some clothes into small cases and we're ready to go. We will head west on I-80 so will drive to PA and possibly end up in Ohio or something LOL!

Toodle-oo.... :D

britchicknyc May 27th 2005 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Gordon Bennett! The sun is shining at long last.

We've decided that we're just going to go on a 'mystery tour' and just see where we'll end up. We've just thrown some clothes into small cases and we're ready to go. We will head west on I-80 so will drive to PA and possibly end up in Ohio or something LOL!

Toodle-oo.... :D

Well enjoy! The weather reports have certainly picked up for the weekend. We all deserve some sun!

Bob May 27th 2005 4:05 pm

Sun...grrr....still pissing it down here in maine... :p