Reload this Page >

Mechanical Engineer Job Offer

Mechanical Engineer Job Offer

Old Dec 28th 2013, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

davids9317 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mechanical Engineer Job Offer

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Nope. Online dating recognises no frontiers. ..... It worked for me!
Would you mind telling me the sequence then? Eg you found someone, went on a few holidays then got a visa (before being married?)…..
Old Dec 28th 2013, 9:13 pm
Banned

notshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to behold

As a single person you have a option.
Is it maybe optimistic to think that there is always an American willing to marry a single British bloke?
Old Dec 28th 2013, 9:14 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

And me!
Old Dec 28th 2013, 9:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notshipman
Is it maybe optimistic to think that there is always an American willing to marry a single British bloke?
Well there is wotshername from the other thread...
Old Dec 28th 2013, 9:29 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

150m American women, 30m British Men. You do the math Doctor.
Old Dec 28th 2013, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Usual warning about checking whether the 'dream' is really what you want before landing yourself with a wife as well.
Old Dec 28th 2013, 10:53 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

I can recommend a rather dodgy bar in Singapore with tons of them..that's where I met mine.....you've just got to be swift on your toes to turn it from her seeking a UK passport to you becoming a GC holder.....a few weeks in the UK (about 15 miles from Middlesbrough!) in late November worked magically for me
Old Dec 28th 2013, 11:17 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davids9317
Would you mind telling me the sequence then? Eg you found someone, went on a few holidays then got a visa (before being married?)…..
That's it, more or less, 'cept I didn't have (need) a visa because Mrs P came to live in the UK for a couple of years before we moved to the US.
Originally Posted by civilservant
And me!
And several other regulars here, I believe.
Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Usual warning about checking whether the 'dream' is really what you want before landing yourself with a wife as well.
Bah humbug! You only live once, shoot for your dreams, or risk spending the rest of your life wondering what might have been.

Last edited by Pulaski; Dec 28th 2013 at 11:23 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2013, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

Ulsterman in Texas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by civilservant
And me!
And me too, sort off.
Old Dec 28th 2013, 11:34 pm
Banned

notshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to behold

Saw a clip on some docu. few months that showed someone entering the US to meet someone they had only met online! She had no money, was unemployed in her own country but the story was true and they let her in!

Agree on the 5:1 ratio Mr Servant but I not sure a UK accent plus red passport is that much of a winner state side.
Old Dec 28th 2013, 11:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Saw a clip on some docu. few months that showed someone entering the US to meet someone they had only met online! She had no money, was unemployed in her own country but the story was true and they let her in!

Agree on the 5:1 ratio Mr Servant but I not sure a UK accent plus red passport is that much of a winner state side.
A UK accent can get your foot in the door but it can't perform miracles.
Old Dec 28th 2013, 11:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=818848

She's not the first to post on here and I'm sure she won't be the last...
Old Dec 29th 2013, 12:04 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... but I not sure a UK accent plus red passport is that much of a winner state side.
Averages don't mean much to individual experiences, but annecdotally my experience, and that of several others here, is that you're wrong. ... Of course having a good grasp of English grammar also helps tip the balance.
Originally Posted by Michael
A UK accent can get your foot in the door but it can't perform miracles.
Agreed, but if you're smart, educated, with a degree and/or career, a foot in the door is more than half the battle. Everyone needs an ice-breaker angle to strike up a first conversation, and IME having an English accent is as good an icebreaker as any in the US. .... twelve years in the US and it still gets me a conversation I'd estimate once every three weeks on average, but as often as 2-3 times a week even now. Also having a British accent seems to confer an appearance of sophistication and education that may be unwarranted.

Last edited by Pulaski; Dec 29th 2013 at 12:16 am.
Old Dec 29th 2013, 12:23 am

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
The grass is pretty green over here, but a lot of it is artificial turf or spray paint.

Regards, JEff
You've clearly never been to Middlesbrough.
Old Dec 29th 2013, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by Weeze
You've clearly never been to Middlesbrough.
..... In December, when the sun sets around 3.45pm, and doesn't rise until almost 8.30am!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.