Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Marijuana May Ease Foot Pain?

Marijuana May Ease Foot Pain?

Old Feb 13th 2007, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

ravenclaw22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marijuana May Ease Foot Pain?

Smoking marijuana eased HIV-related pain in some patients in a small study that nevertheless represented one of the few rigorous attempts to find out if the drug has medicinal benefits.

I got this one from yahoo news.. do you think its really possible?

Last edited by ravenclaw22; Feb 13th 2007 at 5:15 pm.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 4:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marijuana May Ease Foot Pain?

Originally Posted by ravenclaw22

You didn't copy and paste the whole article did you? It'll have to be snipped if you did...and you should also provide a link to the source as well...copyright and all that.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Sorry for that. Ok here's the link http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070213/...jV_1.WRQHVJRIF

What do you think guys?
Old Feb 13th 2007, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ravenclaw22
Smoking marijuana eased HIV-related pain in some patients in a small study that nevertheless represented one of the few rigorous attempts to find out if the drug has medicinal benefits.

Whatever 'they' may say, its a dangerous drug and has been proved as such.It destroys brain tissue and nerve endings and therefore the pain aspect suffered by these people.If it relieves pain, these people under their cicumstances, will naturally say it helps them.The research into it still rates it as dangerous or it would be cultivated legally to help sufferers.Too many people have had adverse effects for it to be deemed safe,and I have seen a lot.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

yeah.. its for drug addicts. but hey, i heard of some uses this thing has..
Old Feb 16th 2007, 4:10 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
Whatever 'they' may say, its a dangerous drug and has been proved as such.It destroys brain tissue and nerve endings and therefore the pain aspect suffered by these people.If it relieves pain, these people under their cicumstances, will naturally say it helps them.The research into it still rates it as dangerous or it would be cultivated legally to help sufferers.Too many people have had adverse effects for it to be deemed safe,and I have seen a lot.
Crap! Most drugs are dangerous and have nasty side affects. The ones produced by the pharmaceutical companies support the corporations and the ones made or grown at home support the criminal justice system. I see little difference between the two.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Crap! Most drugs are dangerous and have nasty side affects. The ones produced by the pharmaceutical companies support the corporations and the ones made or grown at home support the criminal justice system. I see little difference between the two.
Why are the comments made by myself,in your words 'Crap'.ALL drugs are dangerous,some with nasty side effects.(one, might work for one person, but not for another) it just depends on how they are manufactored, or in what circumstances they are used and by whom.I believe the O.P suggested that we were only expressing an opinion on Cannabis or was I looking at the thread incorrectly ?
Old Feb 17th 2007, 3:44 pm
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute

About 8 years ago I saw a piece on Panaorama which suggested that occasional smoking of marijuana could cause lung cancer. The study seemed to indicate that a year or two of pot smoking was comparable to a lifetime of smoking cigarettes. The porblem with such studies is there is little concrete eveidence to go on since it is illegal. However if someone is terminally ill anyway I don't see the harm in them having a toke to ease their pain. On the other hadnif we use it for foot pain it could cause havoc with the football league every Saturday !
Old Feb 17th 2007, 4:47 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Why are the comments made by myself,in your words 'Crap'.
Your assumption that a drug such a marijuana could be considered purely on its merits by free market mechanisms, i.e. "The research into it still rates it as dangerous or it would be cultivated legally to help sufferers."

The crap is that there is no free market here but rather two very powerful lobbies. Whatever marijuana's virtues, these groups will always minimize them.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 6:50 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

My Uncle used marijuana a lot during his last months alive. He died of stomach cancer which had spread throughout his entire body. He also sipped morphine from a flask - this was prescribed, the marijuana was not, both were used purely as pain relievers.

Pure forms of heroin and morphine are used as painkillers in British hospitals why is that acceptable and not marijuana? Let someone riddled with cancer smoke some bleedin marijuana if it gives them 5 minutes of respite from the pain.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 7:22 pm
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

Why are the comments made by myself,in your words 'Crap'.ALL drugs are dangerous,some with nasty side effects.(one, might work for one person, but not for another) it just depends on how they are manufactored, or in what circumstances they are used and by whom.I believe the O.P suggested that we were only expressing an opinion on Cannabis or was I looking at the thread incorrectly ?
Stop listening to the crap they program your mind with at some coppers seminar.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:35 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Marijuana laws are big business in the US. They keep our prisons overflowing with low-paid labor.

How ridiculous is this. I purchase hemp nut seeds at the healthfood store, which have to be imported from Canada as it is illegal to grow hemp here.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cabritpop
Stop listening to the crap they program your mind with at some coppers seminar.
I wont rise to the intended 'bait'.You are perfectly entitled to your beliefs.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:50 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Is Marijuana still prescribed for MS?
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:07 pm
Pain in the Butt

Wildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant future

marijuana is great for.... err I forget

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.