Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Making Friends

Making Friends

Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:36 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Making Friends

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass

I guess just cos we don't meet people every day doesn't mean they are not out there.
They might be out there, but honestly I meet so few English people over here where I am, that I'm convinced that I'm living in a parallel USA. Maybe I just don't go to the right places.

Glad you found something to interest you though, everyone needs something after a while.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:46 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishinfl
They might be out there, but honestly I meet so few English people over here where I am, that I'm convinced that I'm living in a parallel USA. Maybe I just don't go to the right places.

Glad you found something to interest you though, everyone needs something after a while.
There are currently 502 meetup groups in the Tampa area, some look really interesting.
http://www.meetup.com/cities/us/fl/tampa/groups/

The people in my bookclub are all Amercians. I don't care where people are from, just happy to meet people who are free thinking and intellligent.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:49 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Isn't it?
According to google, it's only 200mi. Not a suburb, but not very far.
Precisely! In fact, if you had a friend in London and then met someone from Bradford, it's probably worth asking if they knew them.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:03 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Precisely! In fact, if you had a friend in London and then met someone from Bradford, it's probably worth asking if they knew them.
Stranger things have happened!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:53 am
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by englishinfl

Where are you in the Bay area? Just curious.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:59 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
There are currently 502 meetup groups in the Tampa area, some look really interesting.
http://www.meetup.com/cities/us/fl/tampa/groups/

The people in my bookclub are all Amercians. I don't care where people are from, just happy to meet people who are free thinking and intellligent.
Thanks for the link
I agree about the intelligent and freethinking, to me it would always be nicer if the new people weren't american. No offence intended to any of the american people, but I see enough of them in everyday life
I'll check the link out and let you know how I get on.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 6:11 am
Banned

Originally Posted by tinaflorida
Where are you in the Bay area? Just curious.
Outside Zephyrhills abut 15 minutes from Wesley Chapel actually I say Tampa Bay area because if I'd put that, nobody outside the immediate area would have a clue where I meant.
I see by your icon that you're a bucs fan eh? Terrible result for them yesterday. tch tch.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:48 am
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, it wasn't a good start to the season! Hopefully they'll do better next weekend at home to Atlanta.

I'm in Wesley Chapel, close to 56.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:24 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it wasn't a good start to the season! Hopefully they'll do better next weekend at home to Atlanta.

I'm North of you ..we don't like visitors...
they eat my imports
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:18 am
Banned

No, wasn't good for them! Have to say though, I'm not really a Bucs fan, but only really got into the NFL stuff a couple of seasons ago.
I went and watched a HS game last week, that's always good fun (and cheap entertainment) for a couple of hours on a friday night. Our home side lost.

I know the area very well over there where you are. I've travelled along all those roads a lot since I've been here.
I Was in Remingtons on 54 near 75 a couple of weeks back, if you've never been, I'll tell you now that I had the worst piece of rib-eye steak in there that I've had in 5 years. Awful. The sad thing was that the people I was with had been there before and it was the second time that they had a bad experience there.
The Shanghai Express past the interstate on 54 "kicks @ss" as they say here. Nothing to look at from the outside, or inside either, but cheap cheap food, and good too.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:30 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Ray
I'm North of you ..we don't like visitors...
they eat my imports
lol, ok, to whatever THAT is supposed to mean