Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Mail opening

Mail opening

Old Jan 11th 2006, 11:41 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mail opening

Originally Posted by User Name
Nope, that bit of the evidence could be deemed inadmissible ... this kind of thing goes on all the time with regard to UK security agencies engaged in bugging terror suspects without a warrant, that evidence is tainted, so it is not admitted, but that does not mean the court case is dismissed. The case is decided on the merits based on evidence admitted as evidence in the court proceeding. In Northern Ireland terror suspects are still found guilty without even a jury to hear the admissible evidence. The judge deciding the case most likely hears the inadmissible evidence even if the judge later decides he/she will not rely on that evidence in deciding guilt or innocence. Cases against terror suspects are hardly ever dismissed on a technicality. Please understand that I am not saying I agree with this kind of thing, I'm merely stating what I understand to be how it works in the UK.
I understand what you're saying. I was taking it to the extreme. My point was although it's done it's not legal and as such they don't have the legal right to do it as you first said.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 12:42 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Thydney
I understand what you're saying. I was taking it to the extreme. My point was although it's done it's not legal and as such they don't have the legal right to do it as you first said.
But then again a lot of jobs are only succesful due to some rule bending.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 2:01 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Oh how quaint you still see adverts here .....
I'm waiting for my tax refund before I splash out on premium membership
Old Jan 12th 2006, 2:29 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
But then again a lot of jobs are only succesful due to some rule bending.

But that would be illegal something I never witnessed
Old Jan 12th 2006, 2:59 am
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, such acts are illegal acts and therefore evidence from such acts should not be admissible as evidence, I worry that a NI judge deciding a terrorist case (without a jury) will likely be aware of a inadmissible and admissible evidence and then has to apply mental compartmentalization to decide a case on the merits of the admissible evidence. I worry that a judge who is deciding such a case might be influenced by information from inadmissible wire taps. A jury would not get to see the inadmissible evidence, so can't be tainted by such evidence in arriving at their verdicts.

Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:14 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

But that would be illegal something I never witnessed
I never witnessed anything like that either. Guess either it doesnt happen or i was looking elsewhere at the time.