Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Mail opening

Mail opening

Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:12 am
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mail opening

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Unarmed combat Vs several armed people in a confined space. Interesting. I think we saw the results of that in the 4th plane that crashed.
Then youv'e never seen a chi knockout!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I agree about Chechens, but don't look a gift horse in the mouth so to speak - middle eastern types are a good group to focus on in the present climate, though whether this actually represents profiling is extremely debateable in my opinion.
Still, regardless of your opinion of profiling surely it must be better than random searches given that law enforcement bodies have limited resources.
The jury is still out on that one.

If law enforcement searched every ME looking male, and then some of the "Black Widow" Chechen females decided to walk into a public place in any US city and blow themselves up, it would turn the whole system upside down.

You'd then be back to square one - random searches.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:17 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Unarmed combat Vs several armed people in a confined space. Interesting. I think we saw the results of that in the 4th plane that crashed.

I'd love to see the effect 50,000 volts would have on a planes systems should the tazer contact hit the wrong part.

You could say armoured doors to the cockpit are a good deterent, except all the terrorists do then is threaten to pop off the passengers if the flight crew dont open up.
First, by the time the unarmed combat option was taken on the 4th plane the hijackers were already in the cockpit. Having brucie on the door might have stopped that or at least held up their progress for long enough for others to help out.

The tazer would have a lot less of an effect than a bullet ripping through the fuselage - don't planes get hit by lightening fairly regularly ??
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:18 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
You'd then be back to square one - random searches.
Err, no. You'd then be searching middle eastern men and women of chechen extract.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Err, no. You'd then be searching middle eastern men and women of chechen extract.
Do you know what a woman of Chechen 'extract' looks like?

I certainly wouldn't be able to pick them out of a crowd. Especially if they dressed like an average American woman (even worse - a regular female executive).
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:27 am
Thinking about it

Do you know what a woman of Chechen 'extract' looks like?

I certainly wouldn't be able to pick them out of a crowd. Especially if they dressed like an average American woman (even worse - a regular female executive).
If someone wants to blow up a plane or building badly enough and they have half a brain they will be able to do it - FACT.
The job of the security services is to make the bomberss task as difficult as possible - they will never be able to make the bombers' task impossible, so why do you keep posting comments that make it sound like there is a solution to this mess.

Also I would imagine that women of chechen extract have quite hairy faces
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If someone wants to blow up a plane or building badly enough and they have half a brain they will be able to do it - FACT.
The job of the security services is to make the bomberss task as difficult as possible - they will never be able to make the bombers' task impossible, so why do you keep posting comments that make it sound like there is a solution to this mess.

Also I would imagine that women of chechen extract have quite hairy faces
Quite true, but searching just ME looking people isn't going to make it any harder; they'll just send someone who doesn't look ME.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:42 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Well generally it makes them as sane as can be hoped. I assume you wouldnt feel safe then knowing that some passengers were legally armed, having been trained in the use of firearms and undergone extensive background checks?
It all depends. Are you referring to Air Marshalls?
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Partystar
It all depends. Are you referring to Air Marshalls?
Now you're watering down the master plan!

The idea put forward was to arm all passengers.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:45 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Not if they're trigger happy yanks I wouldn't, no.
Look at their army after all the training they get.

Besides guns on planes are daft full stop in my opinion. If you want to ensure safety station Bruce Lee in front of the cockpit on all planes or issue air marshalls with tazers - this is actually a serious point I'm making by the way.
The tazar is a good idea!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Partystar
The tazar is a good idea!
I've never used a tazar but aren't they single use until you can reset them?

Surely no good for more than one terrorist?

Perhaps you could issue all passengers with tazers?

Although I think everyone would be tazering their friends for a laugh.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:53 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by britontour
Not sure Bruce Lee would be any good in his current state.
I'm not so sure about that, it could possibly scare the terrorists to death!!!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:57 am
Back where I belong!

Now you're watering down the master plan!

The idea put forward was to arm all passengers.
No! That's the dumbest idea I've heard yet!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 9:00 am
Back where I belong!

I've never used a tazar but aren't they single use until you can reset them?

Surely no good for more than one terrorist?

Perhaps you could issue all passengers with tazers?

Although I think everyone would be tazering their friends for a laugh.
I've seen my Step BIL get tazared by my SFIL (he's a cop!). He wasn't laughing much!!!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 9:04 am
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, didn't check to see if it's been mentioned yet, but my friend is a pilot, and she told me that they're allowed to carry guns now too. I don't know how i feel about that...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.