Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Mail Forwarding services recommendations

Mail Forwarding services recommendations

Old Mar 20th 2010, 3:53 pm
Banned

Volt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to all
Default Mail Forwarding services recommendations

Since the USPS require an address on the outside of the envelope for mail going out of the country, I would like to find a mailling address service that can receive my mail at a UK address and then send it on in another envelope (that I provide).

Does anyone know of such a service?
Old Mar 20th 2010, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mail Forwarding services recommendations

Originally Posted by Volt61
Since the USPS require an address on the outside of the envelope for mail going out of the country, I would like to find a mailling address service that can receive my mail at a UK address and then send it on in another envelope (that I provide).

Does anyone know of such a service?
Why ? ...... what are you hiding ?
Old Mar 20th 2010, 9:10 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose you could hire a UK friend to do it, and set up a Royal mail redirection to his or her house. It seems like an odd thing to want to do, though...

We used Royal Mail international redirection to send our mail here, but we were unable to renew it becasue their payment options refused to recognise my overseas address. Not the brightest setup for an international forwarding service...

Edited to add...are you talking about an end destination of the UK or the US for your mail? I thought you meant US but your first sentence talks about USPS sending mail OUT of the country..
Old Mar 21st 2010, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

I use these people www.my-uk-mail.co.uk.

They seem fine.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 1:38 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Be a bit careful. The USPS prohibits "Any postal item containing enclosures addressed to different persons at different addresses. " when mailing to the UK.

More here: http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/fh_014.htm
Old Mar 25th 2010, 12:28 am
Banned

Volt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by avanutria
Edited to add...are you talking about an end destination of the UK or the US for your mail? I thought you meant US but your first sentence talks about USPS sending mail OUT of the country..
Its for mail destined for UK addresses being sent from the US.

Last edited by Volt61; Mar 25th 2010 at 12:32 am.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 12:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by cranston
I use these people www.my-uk-mail.co.uk.

Is this for your mail going out and destined for adresses in the UK and also, for recieving your mail at their address and forwarding it onto you here?

If so, I will check trhem out.
Thanks
Old Mar 25th 2010, 1:34 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Its for mail destined for UK addresses being sent from the US.
Then you must investigate whether FedEx, UPS etc can get the letters to the UK for you, because you cannot legally do this via the USPS.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

Is this for your mail going out and destined for adresses in the UK and also, for recieving your mail at their address and forwarding it onto you here?
I understand they will do both. Give them a call.

I use it to receive UK mail and have it forward to the US.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

Just bumping this up to see whether anyone has any other recommendations for mail forwarding services? Other than Royal Mail who are atrocious. Ideally I would like one that allows you to maintain a UK address.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

This sort of thing might be useful:
http://www.mailboxforwarding.com/features.php

I heard about it from some Americans that live abroad that use it.