Reload this Page >

Madison, WI - Cost of Living

Madison, WI - Cost of Living

Old Jun 15th 2017, 5:41 am
Just Joined

sharprc is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Madison, WI - Cost of Living

Howdy folks,

Looking for a little context with regards to the cost of living in Madison and it's suburbs.

I'm potentially looking to relocate to the area to take a job, the role pays $73k pa, I was wondering how far that would go in the area?

Its just me so that money doesn't need to support anyone else; I'm just aware from looking at various cost of living indices that things are a little pricier in that area of WI.

Cheers for your input

Rob
Old Jun 15th 2017, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Madison, WI - Cost of Living

Should be alright. Madison is also a huge university town with lots of things/prices geared to students.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 4:06 am
Just Joined

Davisra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Madison, WI - Cost of Living

Hi Rob

I stumbled on this forum while doing research for a client. I've lived in the Madison area for over 30 years and your observation that things are pricier here in Madison than in other parts of Wisconsin is accurate; however, it's still cheaper here than living in Milwaukee or Chicago or NYC. $73k per year for a single person should allow you to live comfortably and still save some money too. As you probably noticed, certain areas of Madison are more expensive than others as well. I'm happy to provide more info if it would help. On a side note - be sure to go to a University of Wisconsin Badger football game this fall. Different than UK football (which we call "soccer" here). There's nothing better than Badger football on a crisp fall day. You may even spot someone wearing a red T-Shirt emblazoned with "Stay Calm and Jump Around".