Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Lunatics on planes

Lunatics on planes

Old Sep 28th 2006, 8:29 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lunatics on planes

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I thought this was going to be a thread about next years summer blockbuster!
Damn it, you beat me to it!
Old Sep 28th 2006, 8:43 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

I was flying back from San Francisco on Monday. Full flight so no chance of changing seats. The woman sitting next to me absolutely wrecked of sweaty armpits, clothes, her breath was at least a 100% proof, really needed two seats if truth be known - raised the arm rest to let her flab ..flob over to my seat. She complained!!!! to the air steward when I put the arm rest back. Thank **** it is a short flight. I was the lunatic on the plane! First person to insult me on the grounds of being British too Rant over
Old Sep 28th 2006, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate2112
I was flying back from San Francisco on Monday. Full flight so no chance of changing seats. The woman sitting next to me absolutely wrecked of sweaty armpits, clothes, her breath was at least a 100% proof, really needed two seats if truth be known - raised the arm rest to let her flab ..flob over to my seat. She complained!!!! to the air steward when I put the arm rest back. Thank **** it is a short flight. I was the lunatic on the plane! First person to insult me on the grounds of being British too Rant over
I hope you let her have both barrels. I think I would have probably directly remarked about her needing 2 seats . Normally I wouldn't but when they start complaining like that it becomes open season.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:15 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

I was on a business trip to the US back in 2001 during the panic following the anthrax attacks here.

On my way home I was flying from San Francisco International. Once through the very high security in the airport I was amazed and horrified to see a bloke sitting in the passenger waiting area wearing a huge industrial gas/dust mask, sweating profusely and with completely crazy eyes! Apparently they'd let him through security in this state.

It became much, much worse when, two hours later I arrived at my gate only to find the same bloke standing in line for my plane.

Not only did they let him on, but when I told a stewardess that I was concerned about him I was told that he was fine, and it wasn't anything to worry about!

He continued to sweat and look crazy through the whole 11 hour flight, and refused to take his mask off to eat or drink anything... and they just left him alone!

I've never understood how this happened. He was clearly crazy enough to be a risk to others. He could easily have been doused in anthrax and poisoning us all on the plane, but nobody did a thing about it... and for some reason I didn't even think to get off the plane!
Old Sep 28th 2006, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=dbj1000]...
He continued to sweat and look crazy through the whole 11 hour flight, and refused to take his mask off to eat or drink anything... and they just left him alone!...
QUOTE]

I can understand your concern but he probably had a life-threatening allergy to something like peanuts and had to keep the mask on to be safe. He should probably get a t-shirt printed up explaining his problem so he doesn't get attacked by scared passengers!
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:06 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

You probably encounter more lunatics right next to you on the freeway to work on any given day. Then there is the asthma and global warming caused by the emissions from cars.

This whole planes and terrorist bollocks is such a red herring and everyone is buying into it
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:07 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
You probably encounter more lunatics right next to you on the freeway to work on any given day. Then there is the asthma and global warming caused by the emissions from cars.

This whole planes and terrorist bollocks is such a red herring and everyone is buying into it
Fear is power, or something like that.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:26 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Fear is power, or something like that.

State of Fear...constant terrorising to control populations regardless of whether the threat is real or imaginary.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 4:09 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart

I agree with you. It's going to take a lot more to stop me from flying. All these goings on don't make me think twice about travelling, I just make sure I know the current rules & regs, but that's about it, I don't give it another thought. Surely with all the problems going on, ticket prices should drop?
Old Sep 29th 2006, 4:25 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I once hijacked a plane, killed everybody on board, diverted the flight to Iran - AND PROCEEDED TO ROCK THE CASBAH!!! But the shareef didn't like it. Bastard.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 4:32 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I once hijacked a plane, killed everybody on board, diverted the flight to Iran - AND PROCEEDED TO ROCK THE CASBAH!!! But the shareef didn't like it. Bastard.
Could he mentally take it though?
Old Sep 29th 2006, 4:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

That's cos you don't have a British accent.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 4:36 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
Could he mentally take it though?
FUNDAmentally he can't take it.
He thinks its not kosher.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 4:37 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That's cos you don't have a British accent.
You know he really hates it?
Old Sep 29th 2006, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

FUNDAmentally he can't take it.
He thinks its not kosher.
I like the Clash, but could never understand a word Strummer was snarling. The Pistols were easier to get.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.