Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

lost passport

lost passport

Old Mar 12th 2010, 4:16 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: lost passport

Originally Posted by pete molotov
is there any particular reason that she might be denied entry?
Yes, for entering without the proper visa. It happens all the time, on both borders.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

pete molotov is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
Yup....your married, looking to set up home and she doesn't have a visa, it might look that she'll just come and stay and you'll have to relay that that won't happen.
our plan was for her to come over & stay on her passport as a visitor for aslong as she was allowed then for her to go back to america to apply for her spousal visa so i would have time to get a job so we could show we could support ourselves.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 4:28 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

our plan was for her to come over & stay on her passport as a visitor for aslong as she was allowed then for her to go back to america to apply for her spousal visa so i would have time to get a job so we could show we could support ourselves.
That's not allowed in the US; you might want to check it out on a UK forum: uk-yankee.com
Old Mar 12th 2010, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
That's not allowed in the US; you might want to check it out on a UK forum: uk-yankee.com
thats where we got that idea from, some one else did it that way because you have to show you can support yourselves.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 7:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

thats where we got that idea from, some one else did it that way because you have to show you can support yourselves.
But you can also show intent, so your CV and the types of jobs you could apply for that are open.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 3:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bob
But you can also show intent, so your CV and the types of jobs you could apply for that are open.
but i need to be working so i can afford to pay for the visa. i have no money which is the reason my parents are wanting us to move back to the uk so they can help us.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

trishyy is an unknown quantity at this point

how did you get the police report?

i am in NYC, and i lost my passport. i went to the police station and they would not make a report for me unless i have a letter from the consulate with official stationary and stamp saying that i am the person who this name who lost the passport and need to make a report.

I have a VERY hard time reaching somebody here in the NYC British Consulate, i dont know how am i gonna do this.