Reload this Page >

Los Angeles Neighbourhoods?

Los Angeles Neighbourhoods?

Old Jan 9th 2013, 5:20 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Los Angeles Neighbourhoods?

Originally Posted by IanH88
I totally disagree......whilst it's true to say that there are some less than desirable areas of the city, there are also places that are very nice.
exactly! for the poster to say LA is a shithole clearly doesnt live in Beverly Hills
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
Hey simon this is more a visa forum, head over to city data forum and we can help you there
No this is not a visa forum. This is the General US Forum...where we discuss all matters relating to life if the US.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

exactly! for the poster to say LA is a shithole clearly doesnt live in Beverly Hills
Still a bit weird there though.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IanH88
Having just spent a couple of weeks back in the UK for Xmas, I couldn't wait to get back to the sunshine.
Oh man, ain't that the truth!

I doubled up by making sure to experience some god-awful Scottish skiing last week before I head up to Mammoth this Friday!
Old Jan 9th 2013, 5:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
No this is not a visa forum. This is the General US Forum...where we discuss all matters relating to life if the US.
yeah but its more generalised to Visas as opposed to schools, etc
city data offers more info in terms of areas to live and this forum offers more info in regards to visas
Old Jan 9th 2013, 5:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by caleyjag
before I head up to Mammoth this Friday!
Old Jan 9th 2013, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Still a bit weird there though.
yep. its almost eerie, if that makes any sense at all
Old Jan 9th 2013, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I spent a few years growing up in Palos Verdes... I still have a friend from junior high that lives there. It's expensive (what part of Cali isn't?) but very nice and probably still very good school system!
Old Jan 10th 2013, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

With reference to "Post #9" (above):
Since it's so insensitive as a reply to the OP - I will refrain from actually quoting it.
Furthermore to characterize and dismiss all of LA in that broad-brush manner is patently absurd.
Yes, there are 3 words beginning with "S" that can fairly be used - they are: sometimes somewhat surreal
Anyone lucky enough to have the opportunity to spend a couple of years living here because of their work - is in an enviable position. You and your family are in for a great adventure. I hope it works out for you
Old Jan 10th 2013, 12:54 am
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute

Where in los angeles county do you live?
The Valley, I know rolling eyes begin...
Old Jan 10th 2013, 1:00 am
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMcD
With reference to "Post #9" (above):
Since it's so insensitive as a reply to the OP - I will refrain from actually quoting it.
Furthermore to characterize and dismiss all of LA in that broad-brush manner is patently absurd.
Yes, there are 3 words beginning with "S" that can fairly be used - they are: sometimes somewhat surreal
Anyone lucky enough to have the opportunity to spend a couple of years living here because of their work - is in an enviable position. You and your family are in for a great adventure. I hope it works out for you
Lucky, really... haha ok. I guess i'll just have to agree to totally disagree.

If you like concrete, plastic faces and Mexico then you've come to the right place. Unless you and your family earn over $100k (and i dont earn much off this), there is no lifestyle.

BTW Thousand Oaks is not Los Angeles. I have friends that live there and Agoura Hills, both very nice places.

I've worked downtown and currently in Tarzana. Someone with a family will be for a shock. Why blow smoke up someones.....

I used to live in Sarasota, Florida, I guess I just miss culture and greenery.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 1:14 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=ldollard;10474455]Lucky, really... haha ok. I guess i'll just have to agree to totally disagree.

If you like concrete, plastic faces and Mexico then you've come to the right plac eenery.[/QUOTE

In less affluent communties maybe a lot of mexicans, you never did say what part of LA you live
Old Jan 10th 2013, 1:59 am
Firetrak

[QUOTE=goldenstate31;10474468]
Originally Posted by ldollard
Lucky, really... haha ok. I guess i'll just have to agree to totally disagree.

If you like concrete, plastic faces and Mexico then you've come to the right plac eenery.[/QUOTE

In less affluent communties maybe a lot of mexicans, you never did say what part of LA you live
The Valley...
Old Jan 10th 2013, 7:30 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=ldollard;10474524]

The Valley...
oh sorry i didnt see your previous post...(dont know that area too well but i do know there is a lot of water contamination in that area) and a few Erin Brokovich style lawsuits going on
Old Jan 10th 2013, 10:12 pm
Firetrak

[QUOTE=goldenstate31;10475969]
Originally Posted by ldollard

oh sorry i didnt see your previous post...(dont know that area too well but i do know there is a lot of water contamination in that area) and a few Erin Brokovich style lawsuits going on
Sorry if my post sounder super negative, but i've literally done nothing for 4 years here except work, mainly because I never wanted to come here to LA in the first place, it was only for work.

What sucks is my company could have relocated anywhere in the world literally, but they chose LA because that where the industry is. bah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.