Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Long Term Parking at JFK

Long Term Parking at JFK

Old Dec 19th 2005, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice
Default Re: Long Term Parking at JFK

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
I've parked there over Xmas / New Year with no problems...... If you have a handicapped badge, you can park in the short term car park and only pay the long term rates. This means you get to park about 100 feet from the terminal entrance instead of 3.7 miles away.
Unlike what seems to be a huge percentage of people in this country I do not have a handicapped badge. Maybe I can make one on microsoft word !?
Old Dec 19th 2005, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Try Google

The top results migth be of interest; failing that get there early and try regular long term parking.
This was my first plan of attack but every company I ring to make a reservation at, they are booked out (8 and counting)...that is what made me apprehensive in the first place.
Old Dec 19th 2005, 6:27 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by MrDub
Unlike what seems to be a huge percentage of people in this country I do not have a handicapped badge. Maybe I can make one on microsoft word !?
You could try - they probably have a template already set up on MS Word for it..... .LOLOLOLOL......
Old Dec 19th 2005, 6:44 pm

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

Hey there,
I am flying out of JFK this coming Friday for a week. I am a bit apprehensive the long term parking will booked out when I arrive however, I cannot find any private company to make a reservation at.

Does anyone know if long term parking is ever a problem at JFK...even at xmas !?

Thanks,
As long as you book ahead of time you'll be guaranteed of a space. I used Airpark over thanksgiving but it is about $15 a day.
Old Dec 19th 2005, 8:12 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Long Term Parking at JFK

This was my first plan of attack but every company I ring to make a reservation at, they are booked out (8 and counting)...that is what made me apprehensive in the first place.
Any luck yet?

Here's a website where they offer free long-term parking if you book an hotel near an airport for at least one night:

https://stay123.com/index1.php (see info at the very top of the home page)

It lists 'Kennedy Airport' and the hotels are the Crowne Plaza, Double Tree and Ramada. Out of the three I would go for the Crowne Plaza - although their hotels do vary in standard according to location, but my husband stays at their London hotels when on business trips and gets reward nights; I've stayed at good Crowne Plaza hotels in London, a fantastic one last Summer on the Neapolitan Riveria near Pompeii and a dreadful Crowne Plaza in Rome - yet they were all supposed to be of the same standard.....might want to check the ratings on TripAdvisor - it's #8:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/HACSearch...ay=25&adults=1

Good Luck!
Old Dec 19th 2005, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Any luck yet?

Here's a website where they offer free long-term parking if you book an hotel near an airport for at least one night:

https://stay123.com/index1.php (see info at the very top of the home page)

It lists 'Kennedy Airport' and the hotels are the Crowne Plaza, Double Tree and Ramada. Out of the three I would go for the Crowne Plaza - although their hotels do vary in standard according to location, but my husband stays at their London hotels when on business trips and gets reward nights; I've stayed at good Crowne Plaza hotels in London, a fantastic one last Summer on the Neapolitan Riveria near Pompeii and a dreadful Crowne Plaza in Rome - yet they were all supposed to be of the same standard.....might want to check the ratings on TripAdvisor - it's #8:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/HACSearch...ay=25&adults=1

Good Luck!

Thanks for your help. However I bit the bullet and booked some flights. I managed to get 2 return flights for $550 total (through sidestep) which isnt too bad at all at this late stage. I decided driving through the night to catch a 7 hr flight wouldnt be the best start to my holidays.

Cheers,