Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

London to PA (West of Philadelphia)

London to PA (West of Philadelphia)

Old Jan 9th 2007, 1:06 pm
joycey

joyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud of
Default London to PA (West of Philadelphia)

My name is Joyce and we have been in the US for 18 months now. Married with 2 Children aged 5 & 10. Just interested to see if anyone lives nearby???
Old Jan 9th 2007, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: London to PA (West of Philadelphia)

Originally Posted by joyceygreen
My name is Joyce and we have been in the US for 18 months now. Married with 2 Children aged 5 & 10. Just interested to see if anyone lives nearby???

morning joycey, welcome to BE...

sorry... quite a few miles from you but hopefully someone will be close by, check out http://www.frappr.com/beusa
Old Jan 9th 2007, 1:44 pm
joycey

joyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud of
Wink Re: London to PA (West of Philadelphia)

Thanks Trubrit, I checked out the site it was great.

I am really enjoying being in PA and have made alot of friends...who don't feel like 'Americans' anymore...they're just my friends and after 18 months, we rarely comment on accents or 'sayings' - I can still make them laugh by slipping in a few silly words. It's funny, a couple of them now say 'bloody' on a regular basis....

I think this site looks great and hope I can find the time to participate and in the future, maybe help someone.

Thanks for your welcome - nice to meet you..

Joyce
Old Jan 9th 2007, 2:01 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I am really enjoying being in PA and have made alot of friends...who don't feel like 'Americans' anymore...they're just my friends and after 18 months, we rarely comment on accents or 'sayings' - I can still make them laugh by slipping in a few silly words. It's funny, a couple of them now say 'bloody' on a regular basis....

I think this site looks great and hope I can find the time to participate and in the future, maybe help someone.

Joyce
and you're most welcome ...pleased that all is going well in PA, it's nice to have friends, good for you
Old Jan 9th 2007, 2:34 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Joyce
Hi and welcome to BE
You will find that this site isn't just for info and helping others but sort of like a coffee morning we just gossip sometimes about the most inane things you will come to see especially if you go to the lounge part of the forum.
So I hope you will pull up a chair with your cuppa and join us
Old Jan 9th 2007, 2:36 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
I'm in PA too, but at the other end (Pittsburgh).
Welcome to BE.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 2:49 pm
joycey

Thank you all for your welcome - made me feel very good this morning...!

I have two things that I would like to discuss and will go to the Lounge shortly...one is a rant and rave about American drivers...my husband was nearly killed in Nov by someone who just did not see his motorbike. Thankfully he got away with a smashed Patella and will need to learn to walk again...just need to get it off my chest...!

The second thing is that my son who is 10 wants to be an actor and I wonder about how he can achieve this legally...he is an L2 Visa holder. I know that actors come across from the UK on a regular basis and magically get employed...what are the clause's that enable them to do this???

Thanks again, time to get my PG Tips out and stick the kettle on...!

Joyce
Old Jan 9th 2007, 3:54 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for your welcome - made me feel very good this morning...!

I have two things that I would like to discuss and will go to the Lounge shortly...one is a rant and rave about American drivers...my husband was nearly killed in Nov by someone who just did not see his motorbike. Thankfully he got away with a smashed Patella and will need to learn to walk again...just need to get it off my chest...!

The second thing is that my son who is 10 wants to be an actor and I wonder about how he can achieve this legally...he is an L2 Visa holder. I know that actors come across from the UK on a regular basis and magically get employed...what are the clause's that enable them to do this???

Thanks again, time to get my PG Tips out and stick the kettle on...!

Joyce
Post your story about your hubby either here in the US forum or in the lounge. There are a lot of threads about drivers here (we all feel the same way!) but your sad story etc will introduce yourself to the mainstream
Re your son your best bet is to post in the US visa area.
Making sure you give a lot of detail re yourself what exact visa you are on, do you have a green card etc as it can make a difference. It's hard enough for a US child to break into acting so don't know what the best advice is for your situation, sorry.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 5:15 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE

As for your son, on an L2, he can't apply for an EAD, so can't work....as for actors getting a job, it ain't that easy, they already have to have a part to get a visa, or they have to be internationally recognised, well in a jist, but there's the O and P visa, but neither would apply.

On the plus side, he could go to school on the visa, and by the time he gets old enough to work, you'll have had your greencard in the works.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 5:29 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE Joyce

Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:47 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and Welcome
Old Jan 9th 2007, 9:47 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE!