Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Two people in a one bedroom apartment

Two people in a one bedroom apartment

Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:33 pm
Banned

Reverend is a glorious beacon of lightReverend is a glorious beacon of lightReverend is a glorious beacon of lightReverend is a glorious beacon of lightReverend is a glorious beacon of lightReverend is a glorious beacon of lightReverend is a glorious beacon of lightReverend is a glorious beacon of lightReverend is a glorious beacon of lightReverend is a glorious beacon of lightReverend is a glorious beacon of light
Default Two people in a one bedroom apartment

I've heard that it's against US residential laws for a married couple (or simply two people) to live in a one bedroom apartment. Is this true?
Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:38 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two people in a one bedroom apartment

Originally Posted by Reverend
I've heard that it's against US residential laws for a married couple (or simply two people) to live in a one bedroom apartment. Is this true?
Are you for real :scared:
Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

wow rev that's a new one on me
Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

If it were....I'd buy one.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rushman
If it were....I'd buy one.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:44 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

You can get around this law by applying for a 'pygmy bovine exemption'. You simply keep minature cows in the property which makes your home exempt from the 'multi-occupancy of a one bedroom apartment rule'.

keep taking the pills. . .

Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:44 pm
Banned

Reverend is a glorious beacon of lightReverend is a glorious beacon of lightReverend is a glorious beacon of lightReverend is a glorious beacon of lightReverend is a glorious beacon of lightReverend is a glorious beacon of lightReverend is a glorious beacon of lightReverend is a glorious beacon of lightReverend is a glorious beacon of lightReverend is a glorious beacon of lightReverend is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TruBrit
Thank God for that! I guess it is a "friend" bullshitting me to make a profit. So my partner and I can live in a one bedroom flat perfectly legally then, right?
Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Texas_Dave
You can get around this law by applying for a 'pygmy bovine exemption'. You simply keep minature cows in the property which makes your home exempt from the 'multi-occupancy of a one bedroom apartment rule'.

keep taking the pills. . .
lol
Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:48 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Thank God for that! I guess it is a "friend" bullshitting me to make a profit.
Just tell him you'd be prepared to break the law, but you want a discount.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:49 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody repeating myself.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 9:00 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Thank God for that! I guess it is a "friend" bullshitting me to make a profit. So my partner and I can live in a one bedroom flat perfectly legally then, right?
You mean to say you were for real
and I thought I was gullible
YES
Old Jan 8th 2007, 9:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

thread of the day this
Old Jan 8th 2007, 9:15 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob
thread of the day this
Well I don't know, do I?! So many bloody weird laws and regulations over here, not to mention a culture that's trigger happy with fines, fees, charges, and taxes..I can never be sure. Someone was obviously pulling my leg!!
Old Jan 8th 2007, 9:18 pm
Account Closed

Well I don't know, do I?! So many bloody weird laws and regulations over here, not to mention a culture that's trigger happy with fines, fees, charges, and taxes..I can never be sure. Someone was obviously pulling my leg!!
lol and welcome to the U.S. of A.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 9:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by TruBrit
lol and welcome to the U.S. of A.
Thanks!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.