Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

London Embassy Visa Interview experience.

London Embassy Visa Interview experience.

Old Jul 12th 2013, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

arwush is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile London Embassy Visa Interview experience.

Hello,

I have just successfully been granted my 2nd US working Visa, the first being a H1B and the second being an E2, both granted at the London Embassy.

From first hand experience I can say that the whole thing can cause some worry therefore I wanted to offer my experience to anyone who may have questions about the whole thing, no matter how daft you think the question might be.

I am not a lawyer and certainly not offering professional advice, there a plenty of good folk on here who are and will. I'm just a UK citizen who has been through the process twice now and due to all the help and advice I had from this forum I would like to contribute back to it and it's members. :-)
Old Jul 12th 2013, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Embassy Visa Interview experience.

Originally Posted by arwush
Hello,

I have just successfully been granted my 2nd US working Visa, the first being a H1B and the second being an E2, both granted at the London Embassy.

From first hand experience I can say that the whole thing can cause some worry therefore I wanted to offer my experience to anyone who may have questions about the whole thing, no matter how daft you think the question might be.

I am not a lawyer and certainly not offering professional advice, there a plenty of good folk on here who are and will. I'm just a UK citizen who has been through the process twice now and due to all the help and advice I had from this forum I would like to contribute back to it and it's members. :-)
Your old threads (2009) indicate you were on a L-1A visa. What happened to that? Also is your E-2 visa though the company investor treaty or your own business?
Old Jul 12th 2013, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

agentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to behold

First off, congrats!

Secondly, did you fill out the DS-160 first and then book an interview, or book an interview and then fill out the DS-160?

Also, did you go on administrative processing (221g) either the first or second time? Thanks!
Old Jul 31st 2013, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Michael
Your old threads (2009) indicate you were on a L-1A visa. What happened to that? Also is your E-2 visa though the company investor treaty or your own business?
Sorry for the late reply, I've been very busy with the move stateside. Your right Michael, I was on a L-1A previously, I resigned from that job and returned to the UK.

I am the CEO of an american business that is owned by a UK investor, hence the E2.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

I completed the DS-160 after my interview date was confirmed.

Sorry not sure what 221g is,