British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   London Embassy Visa Interview experience. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/london-embassy-visa-interview-experience-802659/)

arwush Jul 12th 2013 8:53 am

London Embassy Visa Interview experience.

Hello,

I have just successfully been granted my 2nd US working Visa, the first being a H1B and the second being an E2, both granted at the London Embassy.

From first hand experience I can say that the whole thing can cause some worry therefore I wanted to offer my experience to anyone who may have questions about the whole thing, no matter how daft you think the question might be.

I am not a lawyer and certainly not offering professional advice, there a plenty of good folk on here who are and will. I'm just a UK citizen who has been through the process twice now and due to all the help and advice I had from this forum I would like to contribute back to it and it's members. :-)

Michael Jul 12th 2013 10:16 am

Re: London Embassy Visa Interview experience.

Originally Posted by arwush (Post 10796276)
Hello,

I have just successfully been granted my 2nd US working Visa, the first being a H1B and the second being an E2, both granted at the London Embassy.

From first hand experience I can say that the whole thing can cause some worry therefore I wanted to offer my experience to anyone who may have questions about the whole thing, no matter how daft you think the question might be.

I am not a lawyer and certainly not offering professional advice, there a plenty of good folk on here who are and will. I'm just a UK citizen who has been through the process twice now and due to all the help and advice I had from this forum I would like to contribute back to it and it's members. :-)

Your old threads (2009) indicate you were on a L-1A visa. What happened to that? Also is your E-2 visa though the company investor treaty or your own business?

agentred Jul 12th 2013 10:48 am

First off, congrats!

Secondly, did you fill out the DS-160 first and then book an interview, or book an interview and then fill out the DS-160?

Also, did you go on administrative processing (221g) either the first or second time? Thanks!

arwush Jul 31st 2013 2:03 am

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 10796361)
Your old threads (2009) indicate you were on a L-1A visa. What happened to that? Also is your E-2 visa though the company investor treaty or your own business?

Sorry for the late reply, I've been very busy with the move stateside. Your right Michael, I was on a L-1A previously, I resigned from that job and returned to the UK.

I am the CEO of an american business that is owned by a UK investor, hence the E2.

arwush Jul 31st 2013 2:04 am

I completed the DS-160 after my interview date was confirmed.

Sorry not sure what 221g is,