Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Live football game....what to expect

Live football game....what to expect

Old Oct 29th 2005, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Live football game....what to expect

What surprised me when I went to a Minny Viking/Detroit Lions game was the noise the crowd made in cheering their team on and the booing which was equally as loud. When I asked what were they booing at I was told their own team for playing crap. Supporters????
Old Oct 29th 2005, 1:51 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of stop-start.

I like football, but find live games difficult to handle. At least in front of my wide-screen, I have some commentary to fill in the dead spots, and/or I can do "stuff" (like pay bills, whatever) when there's nothing going on.

I'm sure you'll have a great time, though. First live game is always such a new experience there's lots to keep your mind occupied during the 120 minutes that no-one is actually playing.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 3:08 am
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
make sure you tailgate.....
Originally Posted by mandpete
me and my daughter will do the tailgating....
OK, time to help the newbie. What is tailgating? The only tailgating I know is what I used to do on the M1 on the way to work.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 3:13 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
What is tailgating?
Massive barbecue/pissup in the car park for several hours before the game. Elevated to a high art by some practioners with gourmet food and lavish spreads. One of the reasons the proposed New York Jets stadium on the upper west side of Manhattan only got lukewarm enthusiasm from many Jets fans was because the stadium would not have have had expansive car parks surrounding it, thus limiting the tailgating opportunities.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 3:14 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandpete

We're off to our first college football game on 12 November, Princeton v Yale.
Also known as the "Nerdbowl".
Old Oct 29th 2005, 3:18 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

OK, time to help the newbie. What is tailgating? The only tailgating I know is what I used to do on the M1 on the way to work.
Something like this, although the lump of cheese on your head is optional.......strange people in Wisconsin

Old Oct 29th 2005, 3:22 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
OK time to fess up, are you Al Micheals or John Madden ?
At the risk of appearing as a complete arse (Yeah OK not for the first time) but who are they?
Old Oct 29th 2005, 3:25 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Personally Schnorbitz, I go for the tailgate piss up, get roaring obscene drunk, pig out on all the food, swap dirty jokes and make suggestive comments to big breasted girls and when the game starts...........I'd piss off home, it ain't gonna get any better!!!
Old Oct 29th 2005, 3:27 am
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rushman
Personally Schnorbitz, I go for the tailgate piss up, get roaring obscene drunk, pig out on all the food, swap dirty jokes and make suggestive comments to big breasted girls and when the game starts...........I'd piss off home, it ain't gonna get any better!!!
Even if you're on a corporate schmoooze and the whole thing is free??

I think I'll take my chances.....all for the good of the company
Old Oct 29th 2005, 3:32 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Even if you're on a corporate schmoooze and the whole thing is free??

I think I'll take my chances.....all for the good of the company
Have you got a corporate box? Why didn't you say....enjoy
Old Oct 29th 2005, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I love it when the uneducated turn up on an American football thread.

Invesco field is probably one of the best places to go to watch football. That crowd can get loud and Denver are playing really well. I hope you're not sitting in the top deck though? as that altitude will certainly keep down the number of beer runs.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 4:08 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

About the only American sport I like or used to. Monday night football was a really big deal when I first came here ( probably still is but I am just older ). I used to have an American roomate and it was an excuse to have a piss-up on a Monday. The game is actually easier on the TV, I tended to loose sight of the ball at live games when the announcer is not calling the plays for you on TV. I have'nt followed it for years, it was exciting when the 49'ers were good and had Joe Montana as QB - he was good!
The tailgate it's fun but this depends how corporate your job is? You will have fun and sure beats the hell out of baseball which you could not pay me to go and watch zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
PS Ice hockey is fun too.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 4:11 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

A team of fat bastards in white and a team of fatter bastards in red and they bumped into each other a few times in between the breaks for commercials!!
Sounds like scenes from a shopping mall less the commerical breaks.

NC Penguin
Old Oct 29th 2005, 4:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
I love it when the uneducated turn up on an American football thread.

Invesco field is probably one of the best places to go to watch football. That crowd can get loud and Denver are playing really well. I hope you're not sitting in the top deck though? as that altitude will certainly keep down the number of beer runs.
Uneducated or just uninterested
Old Oct 29th 2005, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Uneducated or just uninterested
Didn't stop you from padding that post count though and joining a thread you claim to be "uninterested" about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.