British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Live football game....what to expect (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/live-football-game-what-expect-334228/)

Schnorbitz Oct 29th 2005 3:03 am

Live football game....what to expect

Time to get more Americanised and forget football and rugby as I know it. Off to Invesco Field on Sunday to watch the Broncos play the Eagles. What's in store for me (other than a truck load of Coors)?

Rushman Oct 29th 2005 3:08 am

Re: Live football game....what to expect

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
Time to get more Americanised and forget football and rugby as I know it. Off to Invesco Field on Sunday to watch the Broncos play the Eagles. What's in store for me (other than a truck load of Coors)?

Wishing you hadn't forgotten about football and rugby as you knew it!!!

gruffbrown Oct 29th 2005 3:15 am

Personally speaking, 3 hours of stop/start mind numbing boredom, while they play the game around commercial breaks for the benefit of TV. The best way to watch it is, wrap up warm, make sure you tailgate before the game, eat lots, drink lots and get comatose, fall asleep...perfect :D

Rushman Oct 29th 2005 3:17 am

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Personally speaking, 3 hours of stop/start mind numbing boredom, while they play the game around commercial breaks for the benefit of TV. The best way to watch it is, wrap up warm, make sure you tailgate before the game, eat lots, drink lots and get comatose, fall asleep...perfect :D

What he said!!!

DaveC Oct 29th 2005 3:35 am

A lot of noise. I was blown away by the noise level at a Cowboys v Redskins game I went to a couple of years ago. Going to see the 'Boys again in 3 weeks and I can't wait.

Rushman Oct 29th 2005 3:40 am

Originally Posted by DaveC
A lot of noise. I was blown away by the noise level at a Cowboys V Redskins game I went to a couple of years ago. Going to see the 'Boys again in 3 weeks and I can't wait.

Presumably loads of "Yeeee Haaaaaws" , gunfire and the thuds of horse's hoof's?

gruffbrown Oct 29th 2005 3:41 am

Originally Posted by rushman
Presumably loads of "Yeeee Haaaaaws" , gunfire and the thuds of horse's hoof's?

They circle the wagons for the huddle :rolleyes:

Schnorbitz Oct 29th 2005 3:46 am

Eating lots and drinking lots is something I can do!! Don't want to fall asleep I'm really looking forward to the game!

gruffbrown Oct 29th 2005 3:48 am

Eating lots and drinking lots is something I can do!! Don't want to fall asleep I'm really looking forward to the game!

So was I :rolleyes:

Schnorbitz Oct 29th 2005 3:52 am

So was I :rolleyes:

Aaaah c'mon man, don't p1ss on my strawberries!! :). Which team did you watch?

Rushman Oct 29th 2005 3:57 am

A team of fat bastards in white and a team of fatter bastards in red and they bumped into each other a few times in between the breaks for commercials!!

gruffbrown Oct 29th 2005 3:59 am

Chicago Bears, it must have been the cold. Like I said that was my personal experience. Baseball's another matter, love it. :)

Bob Oct 29th 2005 5:00 am

the benefits of watching it live at the stadium...cheerleaders...admittedly most of 'em are pretty minging, but there better looking than the players :D

doctor scrumpy Oct 29th 2005 10:02 am

Originally Posted by rushman
A team of fat bastards in white and a team of fatter bastards in red and they bumped into each other a few times in between the breaks for commercials!!

OK time to fess up, are you Al Micheals or John Madden ?

mandpete Oct 29th 2005 12:09 pm

E.A.G.L.E.S. Fly Eagles Fly.........

The Eagles are our local team even though we live in NJ, the only thing on our local sports news is the flaming Eagles.

We're off to our first college football game on 12 November, Princeton v Yale. I think me and my daughter will do the tailgating and then disappear into Princeton to do some girly shopping, leaving the men to watch the match.