Limbo!

Old Jan 15th 2019, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Cerig1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Limbo!

Hey,

My husband and children have their visa medicals booked for the end of Jan, after which we can then book the interviews, but I just feel in complete limbo not knowing whether or not they'll get their visas! It's stupid things like, sorting the kitchen cupboards out at the weekend and not knowing whether I should get rid of our veg steamer and food processor - absolutely mental, I know! Plus colleagues asking "when are you going" and having to reply with "hopefully July". And then do we put our house on the market now, knowing that it might take several months to sell IF the visas are granted.

Sorry, bit of a rant but just feeling frustrated and wondering if anyone else in a similar position?

Please don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful that we are in a position that means they can apply for visas
Old Jan 15th 2019, 2:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Limbo!

Why are you playing this mind game with yourself? Tell me why you feel that your husband and children will not be granted their IR-1 visas? Does your husband have a criminal record or a disease that will make him ineligible? Are you a natural worrier who believes the sky is going to fall on them at any moment? Do you not know that you can place your house on the market and if it doesn't sell immediately you can come to the US, use their visa at the POE before it expires and then return to the UK? Or worse case, sell the house after you have moved?

Of course, worry about the logistics is natural but your fears are unfounded and unnecessary when it comes to their being approved for a visa.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Why are you playing this mind game with yourself? Tell me why you feel that your husband and children will not be granted their IR-1 visas? Does your husband have a criminal record or a disease that will make him ineligible? Are you a natural worrier who believes the sky is going to fall on them at any moment? Do you not know that you can place your house on the market and if it doesn't sell immediately you can come to the US, use their visa at the POE before it expires and then return to the UK? Or worse case, sell the house after you have moved?

Of course, worry about the logistics is natural but your fears are unfounded and unnecessary when it comes to their being approved for a visa.
Thanks Rete. I think it's purely from all the stuff that we've read on the tinternet - daft I know. And no the hubby hasn't got a criminal record and not in bad shape, for his age! lol
Old Jan 15th 2019, 3:40 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Unless your husband has a serious criminal record or a drug habit, or a dangerous communicable disease, or you don't meet the financial requirements, your husband will get his visa.

I would save the limbo feeling for when your household possessions have been collected, and all you have left is packed into suitcases. That's the time to feel like you're in limbo!

Oh, and sell or give away kitchen appliances - they are least likely to be dual voltage, and nobody wants to be faffing around with transformers on the kitchen counter.
​​​
Old Jan 15th 2019, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cerig1977
Thanks Rete. I think it's purely from all the stuff that we've read on the tinternet - daft I know. And no the hubby hasn't got a criminal record and not in bad shape, for his age! lol
I'm guessing when your say the stuff on the T'internet you mean the awful site know as Visa Journey........................................... .
Old Jan 15th 2019, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

'the T'internet'

Isn't that like saying 'PIN number'?
Old Jan 15th 2019, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Any Aircraft Engineering types will understand FOD Damage
Old Jan 15th 2019, 5:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dj6372
Well it is Sully's 10 year anniversary.

Wondering what was read on the Internet that is relevant to this case.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cerig1977
Plus colleagues asking "when are you going" and having to reply with "hopefully July". And then do we put our house on the market now, knowing that it might take several months to sell IF the visas are granted.
We had to keep our move secret until it was a done deal, even from fairly close family. It was torture ! And I think we went through the same mental processes. Its normal, if someone else does it too, so you're normal :-)
Old Jan 15th 2019, 5:49 pm
Account Closed

Looks like the OP has several months gap between the interview and move.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 7:38 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Looks like the OP has several months gap between the interview and move.
​​​​​​​Looks like her plan is to go after the end of the school year. ..... With US schools often going back in mid August her children may be facing a very short summer holiday this year!
Old Jan 15th 2019, 8:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Looks like her plan is to go after the end of the school year. ..... With US schools often going back in mid August her children may be facing a very short summer holiday this year!
​​​​​​​Sounds like child abuse.
Old Jan 16th 2019, 12:36 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dj6372
Or anyone with even a passing interest in Aviation.

OP... you'll be fine. The logistics of when you can go are really no big deal in the grand scheme!
Old Jan 16th 2019, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

My eldest son is in his final year of his GCSEs so we thought it was best to wait and like Pulaski said, start a new school year.
Old Jan 16th 2019, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by steveq
We had to keep our move secret until it was a done deal, even from fairly close family. It was torture ! And I think we went through the same mental processes. Its normal, if someone else does it too, so you're normal :-)
Crikey I bet that was a nightmare! Just being nosy by why all the secrecy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.