Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Libby's Pumpkin Pie Filling

Libby's Pumpkin Pie Filling

Old Nov 9th 2003, 10:16 am
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future
Default Libby's Pumpkin Pie Filling

Hiya

Does anyone know where you can buy Libby's Pumpkin Pie filling here in the UK?!

Ive tried searching for it online, and most places are either out of stock, or your order has to be over £30!!!!

Thank you
Old Nov 9th 2003, 10:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Libby's Pumpkin Pie Filling

Originally posted by waxwabbit
Hiya

Ive tried searching for it online, and most places are either out of stock, or your order has to be over £30!!!!

Thank you
They used to have it at Sainsburys, but that little source dried up quick enough. Have you tried all of the expat food sites? If push comes to shove, buy a pumpkin, boil or roast it and add some spices (I'm sure I can find a recipe someplace) and bingo bango, pumpkin pie filling. Its a pain, but if you're really wanting some pumpkin, probably nothing better (or cheaper) than fresh. Good luck.
Old Nov 9th 2003, 3:45 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by waxwabbit
Hiya

Thank you

What would it cost to mail it. Find that out and I'll send you a can!
Old Nov 10th 2003, 1:33 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

I recall seeing the product in Waitrose or Sainsburys. In the case of Sainsburys, I think it'll be the bigger branches that sell this.

Couldn't you make the filling from the actual fruit? Don't get one of the pumpkins that's used for Halloween (they have no taste), but instead buy an eating (called a pie pumpkin in the US) pumpkin.

NC Penguin
Old Nov 10th 2003, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
What would it cost to mail it. Find that out and I'll send you a can!
I was in Pathmark today and saw it was on sale for 99 cents for a large can and I remembered somebody here was looking for it. I thought the same thing, Waxwabbit we could send you some

International mail (29oz Can) without the packing etc.
$13.30 Airmail
$ 6.30 Surface

Last edited by mrsm; Nov 10th 2003 at 7:06 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2003, 7:31 pm
Dorset Nearly Texas

foo fighter is an unknown quantity at this point

You can buy it at some branches of Waitrose. Also, if you live in London or the South East of England, you can buy USDA beef and American food products at www.johnwells.co.uk
They don't charge for delivery over £20 and the have the greatest fresh Thanksgiving turkeys and home-made Pumpkin and Pecan Pies! Their Texas BBQ is fantastic! I hope this helps! If you call and ask, they are very friendly and will try to get you whatever US products you have trouble finding too! I hope this helps!
Old Nov 10th 2003, 9:43 pm
Under Achiever

dudleydowg is an unknown quantity at this point

If you go to americanexpats.com there is a link to a US products supplier and you can buy it online, its not cheap but the delivery is a couple of days. Personally I can't stand pumpkin pie but my wife who is a USC loves it and when she buys sweet ready made pie crusts from Tesco she reckons its no different to what she was used to in the states
Old Nov 10th 2003, 9:45 pm
Under Achiever

dudleydowg is an unknown quantity at this point

I forgot to add if anyone is interested Tesco also do bisquik
Old Nov 11th 2003, 9:26 am
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

Thanks guys

It was actually Mrs Wabbit who posted this, and now Ive bought her some pumpkin pie mix and york choc peppermint patties online.

Its cheered her right up!

Lee
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:43 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

I'm drooling waiting for my 5 boxes of Ready Brek from Expat Corner I just love the stuff and always have!

I wish it still came in chocolate though!

I got a couple of boxes of assorted sweeties too!