Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

L2 travelling on own

Wikiposts

L2 travelling on own

Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L2 travelling on own

i went to school in colchester for a while!!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

Braintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Deedee13
i went to school in colchester for a while!!
Wow - another Essex girl ( or are we supposed not to admit to that!)
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Braintreegirl
Thank you all I feel much better now. CatW - I don't believe I've found another "Essex" girl. I grew up in Chelmsford and went to Boswells - shame you're now so far away!

Jersey Girl we're actually in Pine Brook - anywhere near you?

Thanks again
Why do Essex girls only get a 30minute diner break ?

It cost too much to retrain them after an hour

Whats an Essex girls favourite wine ?

"Awwwww .. I wanna go to Lakeside"
Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

Braintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler

Here we go......
Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CatW
Hi Braintree girl, I, too am from Braintree though I went to school in Chelmsford. Delightful place isn't it? now living in Pasadena, California. Anyway, I have often travelled back to the UK on my L2 visa without my husband who has an L1 and have never had any trouble at all. I was sometimes asked where he worked but that was all. Have also taken kids back on my own and again no problems. And as for travelling on your own, don't worry about it and just ask anyone for help. When I'm with my kids I often find someone from the airline as soon as I walk in the terminal and tell them I am travelling on my own with kids and can they help and they will usually help me with luggage and let me check in at business class check in for speed (though sadly no upgrade). Good luck
CatW

I'm from Braintree.........but probably way before your time. Did you by any chance go to BJP School?

Originally Posted by Braintreegirl
Thank you all I feel much better now. CatW - I don't believe I've found another "Essex" girl. I grew up in Chelmsford and went to Boswells - shame you're now so far away!

Jersey Girl we're actually in Pine Brook - anywhere near you?

Thanks again

There are quit a few of us Essex Girls on here.....we will rule the USA before long

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler

Shut it you:curse::curse:
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

keira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond repute

I flew on my own with my daughter on an L2 in October... and it was absolutely fine! I flew from Heathrow to Chicago O'Hare. No problems at all. In fact I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would... and I'm a REAL worrier!! (Mind you, we were in business class so that probably helped!)

Our daughter was 7 at the time and she enjoyed it too. Although it is a bit of a long and boring flight! Anyhoo, BA were very good and we found the gates etc without any probs.

It can be a bit daunting going through customs etc but it's not as bad as you think it's going to be... unless you're carrying something you shouldn't!

And at the other end, they might ask you about your hubbies job but it's all very straightforward. You don't need to be with the L1 holder.

Relax and have fun!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keira-2007
I flew on my own with my daughter on an L2 in October... and it was absolutely fine! I flew from Heathrow to Chicago O'Hare. No problems at all. In fact I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would... and I'm a REAL worrier!! (Mind you, we were in business class so that probably helped!)

Our daughter was 7 at the time and she enjoyed it too. Although it is a bit of a long and boring flight! Anyhoo, BA were very good and we found the gates etc without any probs.

It can be a bit daunting going through customs etc but it's not as bad as you think it's going to be... unless you're carrying something you shouldn't!

And at the other end, they might ask you about your hubbies job but it's all very straightforward. You don't need to be with the L1 holder.

Relax and have fun!
Immigration officers at the airport have never asked me about my husband's job...in fact I've never been asked anything about him.