L1A ext

Old Oct 24th 2002, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

alwaysared is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation L1A ext

I have been here on a L1A visa to open up a new office. We arrived last December just after the tragic 9/11 events. This made things hard for us including getting a Florida drivers license. The UK office invested $40,000 in the venture. During the last 10 months I have used this money to pay my salary ($30,000) and the Inc as only turned over $13,000. The UK people are willing to continue supporting me and the US office. In September I employed an American citizen in the position of Sales Representative, again the UK office agreed and pledged support including financial if required. My question is: is it worth applying for an extension of stay, will they look at the figures and frown or will they be sympathetic. Where can I get information on what to file with the application, the original L1A was obtained through a consultant but I need to apply for the extension myself in order to save costs.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Also if I decided not to apply or was turned down how long would I have to sort out my affairs?