Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Kitchen disasters!

Kitchen disasters!

Old Nov 12th 2003, 6:13 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Talking Kitchen disasters!

Has anyone else had them... I've had quite a few and have the scorched cabinets to prove it (you have to lay on counters and look up)

One of the funniest things I made (well the kids did) was apple pies in muffin tins.

I got pre-made pastry and let my daughter (about 7 at the time) and my friends daughters make the pies themselves... We used tinned apple pie mix, and they came out awful!

So seeing as they were sleeping over I sugested throwing them outside so we could watch the racoons come and eat them later.

Well, we all sat by the window with the lights off in the room when we all noticed that the pies were glowing a kinda green colour.

"Glow in the dark Apple Pies" -- Now why have I never seen that on Martha Stewart?
Old Nov 13th 2003, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

bizzie@herdesk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default lol...

i'm proud of my huge chocolate cookie...

http://www.geocities.com/bizziecazz/B/bizziepizza.jpg (sorry copy and paste.. geocities doesn't allow direct linking...)

even though it started life as a pepperoni pizza...

and ended its life as a frisbee being hurled down the garden for my daughter to catch to put in the bin....

needless to say one of the first gifts my fiance ever gave me was a marvellous Oregon cookbook...

Bee
UK to USA
Old Nov 13th 2003, 3:40 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: lol...

Originally posted by bizzie@herdesk
i'm proud of my huge chocolate cookie...

http://www.geocities.com/bizziecazz/B/bizziepizza.jpg (sorry copy and paste.. geocities doesn't allow direct linking...)
Allow me to help you with your image-->

(Sign up with Tripod/Lycos they give you 50megs and you can link offsite.

----

In a previous life I was a Sous Chef and have many funny and scary stories to tell.
But my funniest one involved me at home and the simple task of making toast of all things for breakfast.

I didn't have a toaster and used the eye level grill on the (electric) cooker.

Puts the bread under the grill, but after about 30 seconds the power goes.
(There were some blokes digging up the road (again) outside, but not certain if they are to blame.)
Went out to see if others were affected and eventually came back indoors.
Whist waiting for the restoration of the power I sat down to read a magazine.

It's getting a bit warm in here....

Looks up to see plumes of thick black smoke coming out of the grill up to the ceiling. :scared: :scared: :scared:
The power must have come back on but I never noticed.

Luckily there was only smoke damage to the wall and ceiling and the grill pan was ruined. That's about it.
Had some conflakes instead.
Old Nov 13th 2003, 12:51 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Wow! I've been outdone!... Must print pic and put it near stove!