Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Keira and Poppys New Hampshire thread!

Keira and Poppys New Hampshire thread!

Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:39 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Keira and Poppys New Hampshire thread!

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Did you see the footage of Billy Boy attacking Obama? If she did get the Dems noms, she defo would not get the black votes after that outburst.

I'm not against Obama or Edwards...just the Clintons.
well she would be screwed then since not getting the black vote is a central reason why kerry lost. bush got the black churches behind him by scaring them with the horrors of gay marriage and abortion
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:45 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Do any of you believe that Hillary's teary-eyed moment was genuine?
I am astounded that people can be taken in in that way.

Yes, I am a cynic, but I am also very adept at reading people's emotions and intentions. I'm telling you straight that that was a scripted moment.

All politicians will do anything that is politically expedient. I mentioned before how I used to dislike Bill. He reminded me of my "friend" I went to high school with. He was the most natural charmer - he even had Bill's cheekily earnest face.

He could charm the hind leg off a donkey. He took everyone in with his charm; teachers, my family, friends etc. But I knew Jonathan very well and knew there wasn't a sincere bone in his body. That was just who he is. Ditto for Bill. Very driven people. Winners, you might say, but not genuine.

Remember when Bill said "I feel your pain". People actually believed that. That he personally cares for each and everyone of you, especially the children. I still don't understand how people can be so naiive as to be taken in by it.

I guess there are huge number of people who want to be taken in. They also like to believe in magic too.

www.ralphwiggum2008.com

I saw this tee-shirt online today for Obama. Half honky, all donkey with a cool caricature and Obama winking and giving a thumbs-up.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Do any of you believe that Hillary's teary-eyed moment was genuine?
I am astounded that people can be taken in in that way.

Yes, I am a cynic, but I am also very adept at reading people's emotions and intentions. I'm telling you straight that that was a scripted moment.

All politicians will do anything that is politically expedient. I mentioned before how I used to dislike Bill. He reminded me of my "friend" I went to high school with. He was the most natural charmer - he even had Bill's cheekily earnest face.

He could charm the hind leg off a donkey. He took everyone in with his charm; teachers, my family, friends etc. But I knew Jonathan very well and knew there wasn't a sincere bone in his body. That was just who he is. Ditto for Bill. Very driven people. Winners, you might say, but not genuine.

Remember when Bill said "I feel your pain". People actually believed that. That he personally cares for each and everyone of you, especially the children. I still don't understand how people can be so naiive as to be taken in by it.

I guess there are huge number of people who want to be taken in. They also like to believe in magic too.

www.ralphwiggum2008.com

I saw this tee-shirt online today for Obama. Half honky, all donkey with a cool caricature and Obama winking and giving a thumbs-up.
Errr...http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=16

My husband has met Bill Clinton and said he is extremely charismatic. A friend of ours in the UK was like that...he was incredible...a real babe magnetic the minute he walked in the door.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jan 8th 2008 at 11:52 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:53 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Looks like Bill's moving in his old team to help her out...James Carville and Paul Begala are set to take over her campaign.

DEJA VU! The Ragin' Cajun at it again!

He is a charmer - oozes it even on screen.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:55 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome, JG. <makes mental note>.

Yeah, it's interesting how people have that magnetism and/or charisma. I used to be jealous of it, but now I just give a wry smile when I see it.

Some people just have it. Sort of like self-confidence. I think that's the secret of public schools in the UK, too. They steep the kids in a culture of superiority and confidence. It radiates from a lot of public school people.

\ Didn't go to public school.
\\ Not bitter.

Last edited by Octang Frye; Jan 8th 2008 at 11:57 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Awesome, JG. <makes mental note>.

Yeah, it's interesting how people have that magnetism and/or charisma. I used to be jealous of it, but now I just give a wry smile when I see it.

Some people just have it. Sort of like self-confidence. I think that's the secret of public schools in the UK, too. They steep the kids in a culture of superiority and confidence. It radiates from a lot of public school people.

\ Didn't go to public school.
\\ Not bitter.
No need to be jealous...these people are often unhappy...except for the moment. Happiness is being content with what you've got.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 12:00 am
Peace onion

Originally Posted by Redlippie

DEJA VU! The Ragin' Cajun at it again!

He is a charmer - oozes it even on screen.
Again, used to loathe him, but he grew on me too. He's a master at what he does.

I used to do the Rush Limbaugh/Sean Hannity (when he was in Atlanta) thing. Do my two minutes hate.

My life is so much happier now that I don't do so much talk radio. Instead, I do fark.com. Usually the people there a lot smarter than the talk radio crowd. Megadittoes indeed...
Old Jan 9th 2008, 1:24 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
So who's gonna get the nomination for the Repugs? All the rest are too frightening to contemplate.

Have absolutely no idea who is the likely winner for the republicans or the dems for that matter.

I might well make history this time and not vote this time around.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 1:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Rete
Have absolutely no idea who is the likely winner for the republicans or the dems for that matter.

I might well make history this time and not vote this time around.
I agree with you there Rete...but it don't for one minute think you won't vote.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 1:56 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you there Rete...but it don't for one minute think you won't vote.
Neither do I.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 2:51 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think there will be any surprises.
LMAO Looks like I was right
Old Jan 9th 2008, 2:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
LMAO Looks like I was right
It looks like Hillary pulled it off this time. I said months ago she'd be the Dems nomination but in recent days it looked as though I was wrong. We'll see...only time will tell.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 2:55 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like Hillary pulled it off this time. I said months ago she'd be the Dems nomination but in recent days it looked as though I was wrong. We'll see...only time will tell.
She has a long way to go yet, but then again so do they all
Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:13 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
She has a long way to go yet, but then again so do they all
if she gets the nomination i think i will put romney signs up in my yard

i'll give up a potential assualt weapons ban from him in exchange for elimnating capital gains tax for familes with less than 200k per year income

he also thinks that gay marriage should be on a state by state basis

not happy about his stance on stem cell research/abortion though...
Old Jan 9th 2008, 12:25 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Why shouldn't middle class to rich households pay capital gains tax? $200,000 is a very high exemption for unearned income.

Last night's results were pretty interesting! I only read this thread this morning, so it's interesting to see how many of us were certain about some things and were wrong in our predictions (which is part of the fun).

I know I am about a week late on this, but as someone that's actually quite favorable to Clinton, the crying schtick was so contrived as to be vomit-inducing. Her victory speech in which she said "I've found my voice" was also pretty pukeworthy - yeah, you've been in politics for thirty years, and you've not been a retiring violet up to now, Hilary.

I thought when she said:
Originally Posted by Rete
"This is very personal for me. It's not just political. It's not just ... I see what's happening and we have to reverse it,"
was pretty interesting too. She is very bright and intimately familiar with the feminist movement of the 60s and 70s, so I can't believe that she wasn't echoing the famous "the personal is political" slogan. I just can't work out whether what she was saying was a coded message to feminists (which should be all of us...) or her turning her back on them (because it makes a distinction between the personal and political).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.