British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Keira and Poppys New Hampshire thread! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/keira-poppys-new-hampshire-thread-504655/)

Poppy girl Jan 8th 2008 6:13 pm

Keira and Poppys New Hampshire thread!

As some of you know Keira and myself are novices at this primary elections comings and goings and want to get todays New Hampshire predictions and thoughts please.

My question's would be is it over for Hilary, who's going to surprise us!!

keira-2007 Jan 8th 2008 6:18 pm

Re: Keira and Poppys New Hampshire thread!

Yes, and because neither Poppy or myself know exactly what we are talking about, it should make for some interesting and laughable reading!

Go Poppy! :thumbsup:

Rete Jan 8th 2008 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 5759200)
As some of you know Keira and myself are novices at this primary elections comings and goings and want to get todays New Hampshire predictions and thoughts please.

My question's would be is it over for Hilary, who's going to surprise us!!

No, it doesn't mean it is over for Hilary.

Poppy girl Jan 8th 2008 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 5759248)

The reason I ask this question is because the media seems to think by the resent reports that if Hilary does not do well it could seriously damage her chances and will she continue, it's really a second hand question that made me wonder what others views might be!!

keira-2007 Jan 8th 2008 7:06 pm

Well for what it's worth, I doubt she'll quit but she's really going to struggle if the media are proved right and she polls as low as they say she will. They reckon Edwards is ahead of her now.

I think her emotional moment has damaged her campaign. I'm sure it wasn't staged but America need a strong leader, not some leaky old woman who lets her emotions get in the way of her job.

Rock on Barack! :thumbsup:

Jerseygirl Jan 8th 2008 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 5759248)

Looks like Bill's moving in his old team to help her out...James Carville and Paul Begala are set to take over her campaign.

BritGuyTN Jan 8th 2008 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by keira-2007 (Post 5759440)
Well for what it's worth, I doubt she'll quit but she's really going to struggle if the media are proved right and she polls as low as they say she will. They reckon Edwards is ahead of her now.

I think her emotional moment has damaged her campaign. I'm sure it wasn't staged but America need a strong leader, not some leaky old woman who lets her emotions get in the way of her job.

Rock on Barack! :thumbsup:

I know this will get me a lot of flak from the females on the board

but

on saturday when the debate was on she really lost it at one point with john edwards, that combined with the outburst yesterday really reminded me of my wife when shes surfing the crimson tide (although i'm sure hilary is well past the menopause)

i'm not a huge hilary fan mainly because of her pandering to lobbyists, but i stilll have a lot of respect for her. about 40% of this respect evaporated over the last couple of days

imagine if she does something like that with vladimir putin or crazy from iran?

when you are in the public eye that much you need to maintain margeret thatcher'esque demeanour no matter what happens

DollyLlama Jan 8th 2008 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 5759504)
Looks like Bill's moving in his old team to help her out...James Carville and Paul Begala are set to take over her campaign.

James Carville........:eek:

Poppy girl Jan 8th 2008 7:23 pm

Does that meen they will help out or take over!!

keira-2007 Jan 8th 2008 7:23 pm

...And do you think that's really going to help, JG? It's Hillary standing for Pres, it's her the world is focusing on. I can't see anyone else being able to change things for her now... but I may well be proved wrong. :)

Jerseygirl Jan 8th 2008 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 5759521)
Does that meen they will help out or take over!!

Who knows with James Carville....Dolly is right...:eek:

Jerseygirl Jan 8th 2008 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by keira-2007 (Post 5759523)
...And do you think that's really going to help, JG? It's Hillary standing for Pres, it's her the world is focusing on. I can't see anyone else being able to change things for her now... but I may well be proved wrong. :)

I don't know and I really don't care. Well I suppose I do care...I don't want to see her in the WH.

keira-2007 Jan 8th 2008 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN (Post 5759511)
I know this will get me a lot of flak from the females on the board

but

on saturday when the debate was on she really lost it at one point with john edwards, that combined with the outburst yesterday really reminded me of my wife when shes surfing the crimson tide (although i'm sure hilary is well past the menopause)

i'm not a huge hilary fan mainly because of her pandering to lobbyists, but i stilll have a lot of respect for her. about 40% of this respect evaporated over the last couple of days

imagine if she does something like that with vladimir putin or crazy from iran?

when you are in the public eye that much you need to maintain margeret thatcher'esque demeanour no matter what happens

:rofl: Well there's no denying... we all get like that sometimes. But it'd be a tad unfair if she lost the race based on her PMT!

BritGuyTN Jan 8th 2008 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by keira-2007 (Post 5759564)
:rofl: Well there's no denying... we all get like that sometimes. But it'd be a tad unfair if she lost the race based on her PMT!

it would be harsh but not unfair - the fact shes a woman is a unexcusable thing in the eyes of many male voters, showing that level of emotion this early on in the race is poor - how would she hold up against mccain/guiliani?

Poppy girl Jan 8th 2008 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN (Post 5759576)
it would be harsh but not unfair - the fact shes a woman is a unexcusable thing in the eyes of many male voters, showing that level of emotion this early on in the race is poor - how would she hold up against mccain/guiliani?

Simple she can't.