Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

K-1 Work permit- How?

K-1 Work permit- How?

Old Aug 13th 2003, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

PaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant future
Default K-1 Work permit- How?

Hi Folks,
I just entered the US on a K-1 Fiancee visa, and need to get work authorization. I heard it can be done on the web, but how/where/what form? Any ideas/advice much appreciated!
Cheers,
Paul.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Paul, first off, welcome to the U.S. Second, there is a section on this message board strictly for marriage based visa's which you can find by clicking on this link http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...?s=&forumid=35 You will find that your marriage based visa questions can be answered a lot quicker there than in here, where we just usually chew the fat on American life through the eyes of an Expat.

I do not believe that you can apply for an EAD online. Now that you have entered the U.S. you can apply for a 90 day EAD that is good until you get married and apply for AOS. Once you apply for AOS you must file for a 1 year EAD by filling in form I-765 that will be sent in with the rest of your AOS forms. To apply for the 90 temp EAD, I believe that you call your local INS office to schedule an appointment.

Last edited by Pimpbot; Aug 13th 2003 at 11:56 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 4:45 am
ScarlettHill

Online EAD applications are only available for those who already have one and want to renew.

Regards
-=-
Scarlett