Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Just moved to Las Vegas

Wikiposts

Just moved to Las Vegas

Old Nov 22nd 2010, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just moved to Las Vegas

Just found out about this Place, owned and operated by Brits,
' Queen Victoria Pub '
Looks pretty amazing and they have a great Sports lineup on their site as well as what looks to be an Authentic Menu in both food & Beer ! One of the best I have seen in Vegas in regards to Pub grub.
Definitely worth checking out !

http://queenviclv.com/

*The bangers and the British bacon are the creation of Nick Jones a master butcher from North London and also a partner in the Queen Victoria Pub. The Queen Victoria is the only Pub on the Las Vegas Strip where you can get a cup of PG Tips tea and watch the football
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 3:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I so have to bookmark this thread for our next visit to Vegas.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Red Rock Canyon was FANTASTIC! Definitely the most interesting thing I've ever seen in the state of Nevada! Highly worth a visit, just 30 mins or so from the strip - who would have thought?! Also, the Lake Mead cruise was great. It sails right up to the Hoover Dam, and you get to see both the dam and the new bridge right behind it. Sadly, I didn't get to the canyon till late in the afternoon, at which point the lighting was pretty challenging for pics.

First three pics are Lake Mead; last two are Red Rock Canyon.
Attached Thumbnails Just moved to Las Vegas-img_0768-cropsml1200.jpg   Just moved to Las Vegas-img_0784-sml1200.jpg   Just moved to Las Vegas-img_0792-cropsml1200.jpg   Just moved to Las Vegas-img_0820-sml1200.jpg   Just moved to Las Vegas-img_0831-cropsml1200.jpg  

Old Nov 27th 2010, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Red Rock Canyon was FANTASTIC!
I loved it there
Old Nov 27th 2010, 6:02 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Red Rock Canyon was FANTASTIC! Definitely the most interesting thing I've ever seen in the state of Nevada! Highly worth a visit, just 30 mins or so from the strip - who would have thought?! Also, the Lake Mead cruise was great. It sails right up to the Hoover Dam, and you get to see both the dam and the new bridge right behind it. Sadly, I didn't get to the canyon till late in the afternoon, at which point the lighting was pretty challenging for pics.
We're only going to be there for a little under 48 hours, so I doubt we'll get a chance to go out and about sightseeing.

It was a bit of a bargain, though. We got in on the Expedia offer last weekend, flights and hotel are costing us under $30 each.