Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Junk Mail From The Republicans

Junk Mail From The Republicans

Old Mar 23rd 2006, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Junk Mail From The Republicans

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I have endless (and mindless) fun with my physical junk mail. I collect it then return various and random pieces of it in the pre-paid return envelopes you always get with it and send it back . So somewhere there are credit card companies opening offers from mail order fitness companies and banks getting my betty crocker offers. Its very theraputic I can assure you.
ha ha, i will have to start doing that too
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 1:13 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
Think you will find, the "No junk mail" & "do not call lists", does not effect Political Parties. They can still bombard you. They probably got your name from your driving licence, utility company etc.
Reg. Frank R.
Quite correct, Political parties are exempt form the DNC lists.

From donotcall.gov

"Because of limitations in the jurisdiction of the FTC and FCC, calls from or on behalf of political organizations, charities, and telephone surveyors would still be permitted, as would calls from companies with which you have an existing business relationship, or those to whom you’ve provided express agreement in writing to receive their calls"

That's why you can call a past customer even if they are on the Do Not Call registry.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I used to work at a department store and every time they had some sort of promotion they gave us a list of people to call. They got the numbers from people who held accounts, entered competitions, ordered stuff, etc but if they were on the do not call list, regardless of a prior business relationship, they would blank out their number so they weren't called. Mind you, they were bastards to work for and this was the only "nice" thing they did!
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 9:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRPardoe

That's why you can call a past customer even if they are on the Do Not Call registry.
In which case you can write to them to say don't call and that's that...but they don't make it easy to find out where you'd have to send the letter usually.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 9:42 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Last thing I got from the Republican party was just before the last election. Incubent Woody White (R) was running the NC Senate against Democrat who was openly a Lesbian. Woody had a lead at this point, but the mailer was all about a vote for Julia Boseman would encourage a Gay agenda in the Senate and it would ensure Gay marriages in NC. It was two pages of Homophobic nonsense.

The good news, it swung the election the other way, those who where on the fence voted for Julia and many Republicans abstained because it.

The dickhead is running agaisnt her next time as well
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 11:02 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I have endless (and mindless) fun with my physical junk mail. I collect it then return various and random pieces of it in the pre-paid return envelopes you always get with it and send it back . So somewhere there are credit card companies opening offers from mail order fitness companies and banks getting my betty crocker offers. Its very theraputic I can assure you.

Oh I don't know, Betty Crocker isn't bad. I've had hours of fun with my bake n fill.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 7:34 am
Northern Monkey!

jibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond repute

If I get sales phone calls, or calls from anyone I don't know and have no real desire to talk to, after they ask for whoever I ask who is calling, if they say such and such, from joe bloggs co, I ask them to hang on while i get them, put the phone on the sideboard and leave it, they hang up after a while and you don't usually get another call any time soon! (works even better if the tv/radio is on as they can hear it and know they haven't been cut off!)