Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Stalking a celeb

Stalking a celeb

Old Mar 22nd 2006, 6:09 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stalking a celeb

http://www.gawker.com/stalker/

There using that ole google maps thing and plonking sightings of celebs, in the NY area...shame most of them are a bit shite...but the amusing comments are worth a read
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:24 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stalking a celeb

Originally Posted by Bob
http://www.gawker.com/stalker/
There using that ole google maps thing and plonking sightings of celebs, in the NY area...shame most of them are a bit shite...but the amusing comments are worth a read
Joycee always talks to (Mike Baldwin) Johnny Briggs from coronation Street.. I think... when she see him in the local flea market ...
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:26 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
Joycee always talks to (Mike Baldwin) Johnny Briggs from coronation Street.. I think... when she see him in the local flea market ...

shame he's got alzheimer's
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:30 pm

Elsie The Maid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TruBrit
Yeah, he prolly thinks he's talking to Alma!
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:30 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

the character or the real person......
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:32 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
real person ???
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
The character, there killing him off.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britvic
The character, there killing him off.

yeah shame...watched him last week and after mike playing such a strong character for all these years it was kinda sad to see him so fragile....the producers/story-writers got their message over loud and clear.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:40 pm
Ray

make up your mind ladies !!!

I do remember him in "no hiding place" in the 60s
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

mandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nice

speaking of celeb stalking, a friend and I were having a drink a couple of weeks ago in Beverly Hills and realised Rachel Stevens was standing next to us. I said hello and that we were really big fans (of S Club 7? hardly!). Then my friend said, "oh, your hair looks nice, hardly recognized you cause I haven't read the tabloids lately." We came across as complete freaks which was only made worse by how polished and put together she was.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 9:35 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

I've yet to see a celebrity in NYC and I go there frequently.

My husband works in Times Square, a couple of doors down from the MTV studios and he says it's a nightmare going to and from his office as there are always barriers up to keep fans at bay when their favourite musician is being interviewed.

He actually missed seeing U2 perform live on a stage right outside his office entrance, no-one could get in or out the building.

Oddly enough I've seen loads of celebs in London (perhaps I just recognise more British celebs than American ones).

I was shopping one day in Jerry's Home Store in Hampstead and every time I turned around I kept bumping into Helena Bonham-Carter. Also bumped into Frank Bruno in Covent Garden. I sat on the same row at the theatre as Ringo Starr and Barbara Bach.

The best 'celeb' spotting encounter I had was when we went to see the comedian Ben Elton at the Hammersmith Odeon. We were sitting immediately behind Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie and Rowan Atkinson.

Oh, and one year I was working at the Royal Show and at lunchtime decided to go to the food pavilion and buy a sarnie from Marks and Spencers. I was totally oblivious to the fact that I was walking through a cordoned-off pathway where people were waiting behind the barriers. It turned out that Princess Alexandra was also going to M&S and 'meeting and greeting' the workers in the pavilion and for some reason as I was waiting to pay for my sarnie I ended up getting a handshake from her....
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

yeah shame...watched him last week and after mike playing such a strong character for all these years it was kinda sad to see him so fragile....the producers/story-writers got their message over loud and clear.

That really is a shame! The last episode I saw with him in it was him and his new girlfriend going on vacation - so he's been written out now?
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandeeuk
speaking of celeb stalking, a friend and I were having a drink a couple of weeks ago in Beverly Hills and realised Rachel Stevens was standing next to us. I said hello and that we were really big fans (of S Club 7? hardly!). Then my friend said, "oh, your hair looks nice, hardly recognized you cause I haven't read the tabloids lately." We came across as complete freaks which was only made worse by how polished and put together she was.
Lol, I had the opportunity to be introduced to Madonna a few years ago, rather than make a twat of myself by mumbling about nothing I kind of waved from a distance, my hubby on the other hand went steaming in and ended up dancing with her and Stella McCartney..we keep having these weird celebrity moments all the time now, last night my husband went out with our friend that is over from England, hubby arranged to go and pick him up..from Madonna's house in Beverly Hills, its very nice apparently. In the car Madonna called our friend and he said to her "you know Sarah and Andrew, my friends from England" its bizarre to think that she knows about us..
Meeting Robbie Williams though, I wasn't going to let that one go and I was as cool as a cucumber.. My daughter is going to get to meet him in the summer hopefully and being a huge fan, I think there will be fainting and screaming..
Cheesiest moment ever was a couple of weeks ago at a party and the twat that used to be in Westlife that is now in Corrie was serenading a starstruck bunch of girls whilst having a fag on the balcony..he looked such an arse.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by willmore
That really is a shame! The last episode I saw with him in it was him and his new girlfriend going on vacation - so he's been written out now?

hmm think his last appearance was this week
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:08 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodsey
Lol, I had the opportunity to be introduced to Madonna a few years ago, rather than make a twat of myself by mumbling about nothing I kind of waved from a distance, my hubby on the other hand went steaming in and ended up dancing with her and Stella McCartney..we keep having these weird celebrity moments all the time now, last night my husband went out with our friend that is over from England, hubby arranged to go and pick him up..from Madonna's house in Beverly Hills, its very nice apparently. In the car Madonna called our friend and he said to her "you know Sarah and Andrew, my friends from England" its bizarre to think that she knows about us..
Meeting Robbie Williams though, I wasn't going to let that one go and I was as cool as a cucumber.. My daughter is going to get to meet him in the summer hopefully and being a huge fan, I think there will be fainting and screaming..
Cheesiest moment ever was a couple of weeks ago at a party and the twat that used to be in Westlife that is now in Corrie was serenading a starstruck bunch of girls whilst having a fag on the balcony..he looked such an arse.
I met Jim McDonald from corrie once

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.